Maneuver Nodes after patch do not work properly

Sythosz

The updated maneuver node following the 0.1.1.0 patch no longer works. Dragging prograde on the node eventually stops extending the orbit line. This typically occurs during an ascent of a planet. Creating a maneuver node at the apoapsis of the parabola as a ship is ascending ceases to function properly.  In addition, there is no longer a 'next orbit' button, and visually the older maneuver node looked much better.

22 hours ago, Sythosz said:

Dragging prograde on the node eventually stops extending the orbit line.

Are you using a low-thrust engine? The new maneuver planner takes burn time into account (the KSP1 one assumed the acceleration happened instantaneously), so if a prograde burn takes so long that you end up at the opposite side of the orbit, what was the prograde vector is now the retrograde vector.

On 3/20/2023 at 6:23 PM, Ashandalar said:

Are you using a low-thrust engine? The new maneuver planner takes burn time into account (the KSP1 one assumed the acceleration happened instantaneously), so if a prograde burn takes so long that you end up at the opposite side of the orbit, what was the prograde vector is now the retrograde vector.

I am not using a low thrust engine, after creating a new campaign the issue resolved itself, but I suspect that as my save file gets larger the issue will manifest again.