Tree of Reports - GoldForest's missions and projects.

GoldForest

P6, P7, S6 and S7 docked and with that the solar truss is complete. S/P 7 trusses are of course fictional for the purposes of being able to double stack the S/P 6 trusses. And yeah, I know I can delete them S/P 7 trusses in orbit, but I just like the way it looks better. 

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

1n75Qa1.png

iQljCQM.png

qgLlyT7.png

65vn7jO.png

jjgjM1K.png

Ld3z2M9.png

Enterprise delivering... Enterprise. 

For those that don't know:

Russia bought a shuttle mission. They planned to launch a module called Enterprise aboard the shuttle. Enterprise would have been a science research module, just like Rassvet, but bigger, much bigger. Unfortuantely, Enterprise's design was not finalized in time, and with the Shuttle nearing retirement, time was running out. Russia decided to make Rassvet, the Mini Research Module, instead and scrapped Enterprise.

lz1Vo3Y.png

wywrksu.png

Enterprise Shuttle races the sun and gets to watch sunset twice! Also Mechjeb commanded a harsh pitch down program. Like, the SRBs were separated at this angle of attack... I think someone gave Mechjeb too much Vodka.exe. 

PDaolc6.png

And back into darkness.

88A7l7S.png

Enterprise inside Enterprise. 

F05k1Ui.png

sujCpON.png

Btw, Enterprise Module is supposed to have racks for experiments on the sides. I'll be cheating a new module into orbit to replace the one in the pictures. The racks wouldn't fit in the shuttle bay and I'm NOT using robotics... too... explody... 

Edited by GoldForest

Just a little PSA... 

Spacelab ISS might slow down significantly. 

KSP is maxing out the RAM on my laptop, and I have 32 gigs... It's crashing KSP, Chrome, Edge, etc.

I know this is most likely due to a memory leak issue, but IDK which mod could be causing it.

And before someone suggests upgrading my laptop to 64 gigs, it's hard capped at 32. 

My desktop does have 64 gigs though, hence why I say this project might slow down greatly. I can only really use my desktop when I'm off work, which is Friday and Saturday nights. 

Another option I'm thinking about going with is turning down the resolution of the AVP mod... might even get rid of the pretty clouds... 

Leonardo PMM docked... in an unconventional way. The Orion and PMM wouldn't fit between the space, so I detached the PMM from Orion tug and basically played bumper cars with it until it locked into place. It worked. Though in the process of doing that, I noticed that Node 3 is... rotated... somehow... so now I have to send another Orion to fix that... 

Oh, and yes, I used Ariane 64.

DturYgn.png

zVI0xca.png

jaGx5mu.png

i3DrNKw.png

D18h1mE.png

v0YduZ5.png

PyPy3w6.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.