Reverting to launch automatically skips countdown

RavenCarci

Specs:

IFiiulS.pngRgfXbyu.png

Not pictured: 2560x1440 (32 bit)(165Hz)

Severity: Medium, Players may expect countdown to start when they stage

Frequency: Medium-low, depending on how often a player reverts to launch

Description:

When launching a rocket from the VAB, the countdown starts, proceeds, and is skippable as normal. If you revert to launch mid-flight, the countdown does not start when staging, and instead immediately activates the first stage. I expected the countdown to start. Issue occurs with nearly all rockets I have tried. Issue occurs regardless of whether the countdown was skipped or not. Here is a video showing the bug: 

Quicksave message is just because the load quicksave keybind overlaps with shadowplay's record keybind, issue occurs without activating shadowplay.

Edited by Anth12

This is at least a bit counter intuitive.  I've made the mistake of prematurely staging my second stages many times because of this.  The reason is that after so many launches where I hit space to skip the countdown and trigger the first stage, a habit forms.  I find myself automatically pressing space twice to trigger only the first stage.

I think it's much more intuitive that if the countdown is enabled in settings it always happens.