The indicators to begin and start a burn are unclear if it automatically burns I wouldn’t have to worry about that if this is considered then make sure you can turn the feature on and of.

Copy and paste this for the private division launcher feedback please.

Edited by Pat20999

I would also like this feature.  It would make simple, yet fully automated craft possible.

Though it might not be as simple to implement as you might think.  Once the maneuver planner gets to the point where it's time to take action, that action isn't always the same.  I think the most common scenarios involve triggering a stage or throttling up.  But even both of these are aren't always so clear cut.  Sometimes I will have my decouple action and engine activation action in the same stage.  Sometimes I won't.  Most of the time I will just hit full throttle, but sometimes I need to throttle up more gently so as to not induce unwanted rotation of my craft.

On a bit of a tangent.  The MechJeb KSP1 mod comes to mind.  I never used it, but I think it does this.  And I think it does quite alot more.

All that said, I still want this.  I think something like a simple checkbox or two in the maneuver planner could work here. A checkbox for auto activate stage, and one for auto full throttle.

Just now, Pat20999 said:

And like it if you Copy and paste this for the launcher.

Not sure what you mean by "copy paste this for the launcher"

3 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

How are they unclear exactly? You get lights and a countdown. Throttle up on green or 0.

I find the bar to be a bit confusing.  It could align better with the staging moments.

But, I mostly just want the feature Pat20999 described.

The light is green before it hits 0. And autoburn should be cool if you were for example eating and you forgot to stop burning. Maybe it’s just me with a bug. I don’t know but autoburn is still a good idea.

Edited by Pat20999

9 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

It is a good idea, and just in case you didn't know, there's already at least one mod that can do it.

I know but if it would be in-game it would be even better and not so independent of mods.

On 5/23/2023 at 10:38 AM, Pat20999 said:

The indicators to begin and start a burn are unclear if it automatically burns I wouldn’t have to worry about that if this is considered then make sure you can turn the feature on and of.

Copy and paste this for the private division launcher feedback please.

Idk about that.

One of the main things I like about ksp is that you’re the one flying the craft, not some ai. Doesn’t feel very Kerbal.

11 hours ago, BowlerHatGuy3 said:

Idk about that.

One of the main things I like about ksp is that you’re the one flying the craft, not some ai. Doesn’t feel very Kerbal.

Yeah but I want it to be an option so if I’m doing it the Kerbal way but if suddenly I have to do something and WANT to do the burn I want autoburn as an option.

No idea how viable this is, but one 'possible' solution could be to have 'autoburn' related to pilot skill.

Slight randomisation of accuracy at all levels, but much narrower margin for error and more accuracy with more skilled pilots.

On 5/25/2023 at 6:36 PM, pandaman said:

No idea how viable this is, but one 'possible' solution could be to have 'autoburn' related to pilot skill.

Slight randomisation of accuracy at all levels, but much narrower margin for error and more accuracy with more skilled pilots.

No, the accuracy with manuvering is already bad enough and it’s not really about the precision but more about you being on the toilet while the thing is performing a burn and to add something to the feature of autoburn, why not be able to time warp to the end of the autoburn?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.