[1.12.x] ZTheme v1.1.3 - A dark theme for KSP (2024-02-27)

zapsnh

ZTheme v1.1.3

About

A minor-er release to address an issue and a design flaw
HUDReplacer v1.2.11 or higher is recommended.

Changelog

• Add texture for the 'you can't purchase this item because you're too poor' button. (#9)
  • Minor adjustments to the other purchase buttons so that they don't overlap the part window.
  • Add a better pin icon that wasn't made in MS Paint.

Known Issues

• KAL Editor icons sometimes don't show up.

3 hours ago, ike2462 said:

Ive found that I don't have any way to change to the different launch sites, there's no pop out tab that shows the different sites available. 

There should be a small tab that reveals the launch site picker.image

Do you have the 'extra launch sites' option enabled in the difficulty settings?

Edited by zapsnh
speling

Hi, I really like the theme, it brings a very refreshing experience. However, I've been playing with Realism Overhaul recently and I've encountered that partial failures of engines (they are provided by Kerbalism) are difficult to recognize, especially since they are at the corner of the screen.

In stock theme they are orange and easily discernable from normal engines (light-grey) and failed engines (red). With ZTheme red ones are more or less visible, but these orange ones are too close to dark grey. Is it possible to change these colors a bit? For example, make normal part icons brighter, or failures (orange and red) more saturated.

dPawDgC.png

20 hours ago, desert said:

Is it possible to change these colors a bit? For example, make normal part icons brighter, or failures (orange and red) more saturated.

What does it look like without ZTheme? I don't think I can really recolor it (via HUDReplacer) since it seems to already be recoloring the texture to be as red as possible.

I could maybe make the part icon brighter but it may look a bit bad. Also, how do you trigger a partial failure? Can you give me some steps to reproduce or a save file with a partially failed engine?

8 hours ago, zapsnh said:

Also, how do you trigger a partial failure? Can you give me some steps to reproduce or a save file with a partially failed engine?

I've tried to reproduce it and it turns out that these failures are actually not from Kerbalism but from TestFlight. To reproduce them, install TestFlight, place few dozens engines (Swivels will do) on a tank, ignite them simultaneously and let them run for some time.

That's how failures look with stock theme:

QqqsZp3.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Badly disappointed from KSP2 I'm back to KSP1 and tried your mod with a new career save. I really like the style of your UI, but there is one thing I'd like to change: the color of the top bar of the part-window. I'd like to change it from red to a dark grey, and I've looked into the assets of your mod but can't find a corresponding grafik file. Can you please tell me which asset it is so I can try to change it myself, or is it configurable in the config.cfg file?

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Snips said:

Hi

Badly disappointed from KSP2 I'm back to KSP1 and tried your mod with a new career save. I really like the style of your UI, but there is one thing I'd like to change: the color of the top bar of the part-window. I'd like to change it from red to a dark grey, and I've looked into the assets of your mod but can't find a corresponding grafik file. Can you please tell me which asset it is so I can try to change it myself, or is it configurable in the config.cfg file?

Thanks in advance.

I assume you're refering to the part action window (PAW). There are a number of colour settings for it in config.cfg (just look for anything starting with PAW). The PAW title bar colour is defined on line 82. All the colour values are RGBA with decimal values ranging from 0 to 1.

2 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

I assume you're refering to the part action window (PAW). There are a number of colour settings for it in config.cfg (just look for anything starting with PAW). The PAW title bar colour is defined on line 82. All the colour values are RGBA with decimal values ranging from 0 to 1.

Thank you so much. Will try it when I'm back home later that day.

EDIT:
So I tried it, but unfortunatly it wont work. In my config file (installed via CKAN) line 82 is "METDisplayColorRed = 1,0,0.247,1", so I copied the config file from your github repo and changed the value, but the title bars is still in red.

Edited by Snips

7 hours ago, Snips said:

So I tried it, but unfortunatly it wont work. In my config file (installed via CKAN) line 82 is "METDisplayColorRed = 1,0,0.247,1", so I copied the config file from your github repo and changed the value, but the title bars is still in red.

The PAW title bar is called `PAWTitleBar`. It's on line 82 for v1.1.3.1, but for v1.1.3 it's on line 76.

12 hours ago, zapsnh said:

The PAW title bar is called `PAWTitleBar`. It's on line 82 for v1.1.3.1, but for v1.1.3 it's on line 76.

Mh, I don't know what I did wrong, but after reinstalling your mod and tweaking the value everything is fine now. Thanks for your help and keep on with this cool mod. I really like it.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to disable just the SAS mode selection part of this? I'm talking about the prograde/retrograde, maneuver/target etc icons next to the navball in flight. I thought maybe I could try finding those icons in this mods folder and deleting them, but I can't seem to find them...

15 hours ago, Errol said:

Is it possible to disable just the SAS mode selection part of this? I'm talking about the prograde/retrograde, maneuver/target etc icons next to the navball in flight. I thought maybe I could try finding those icons in this mods folder and deleting them, but I can't seem to find them...

Delete the following in ZTheme/PluginData/flight:

• true_down.png
  • true_over.png
  • true_up.png
  • false_down.png
  • false_over.png
  • false_up.png
  • disabled.png