theJesuit

SIMPLEX Station Parts

A set of stock based station trusses

Download from Spacedock

Requires:
Module Manager (not included).
ReStock, ReStockPlus. (not included).

License is CC-BY-NC-SA

These Trusses are built using stock models (with a ReStockPlus model as well).  Designed to be a a simple stockish alternative the NearFutureConstruction mod.

In 1.4 Inline parachutes, the smaller hubs and smaller extensions can now be stored in a cargo container. 

The Medium Trusses are a good size for placing the large static solar panels on the side

Parts include:

• Inline 0.625m and 1.25mm parachute
  • An empty truss hub (6 nodes)
  • 4 way, 3 way, angled 2 way crew passable hubs (6 nodes)
  • Station Trusses at the same length as the 1.25 long LFO tank
    - Empty
    - Crew passable 
    - LFO
    - Supplies
  • Medium Station Trusses at the same length as the 1.875 long and medium LFO tanks together
    - Empty
  • - Crew passable
  • - LFO
    - Ore
    - Supplies
  • Large Station Hub with 6x 2.5m nodes
  • With SIMPLEX Resources:
    - Ore Truss is replaced by Trusses for the SimplexOres
    - MetalParts and CustomParts appear

Supplies include Monopropellant and EC.  With Kerbalism Simplex these also include Air and BadAir.

003fYJ6.png

CV3Bo3E.png

Edited by theJesuit
Update 1.4

I'll hopefully get some time to screenshot in the next few days.

There is also an issue which i thought i had fixed with the Ore Truss.

I'm going to add a MetalPart and CustomPart truss for Simplex Resources, or RocketPart with CRP.

Also updating all my Tech Trees, and assigning better stock tree nodes.

It may be possible to arrange a non ReStock verison as well.    But I'm not sure about this yet.

I did have some time this morning to work on this more.  (Still no screenshots I know).

Looking seriously at getting rid of the ReStock dependency (why as it looks so much better) i did the following:

The Ore Truss uses the Restock 1.875 ore tanks.  I've changed that to be the regular 1.25 tanks stretched to fit.

The LFO Trusses use the ReStock round tank ends.  These make nice spheres, but tanks tend to have flattened round ends for the pressure tanks, not spherical ones it seems.  So in looking for a solution, Ive been trying out using the Stayputnik model and squishing it.  The colour matching isnt great, but the benefit is that has a good round end when  RestockPlus isnt installed.

On 6/13/2023 at 8:44 PM, theJesuit said:

I did have some time this morning to work on this more.  (Still no screenshots I know).

Good luck ! Lightweight mods like that nicely use existing textures are always welcome :) 

On 6/14/2023 at 6:44 AM, theJesuit said:

Looking seriously at getting rid of the ReStock dependency (why as it looks so much better) i did the following:

Okay, so the ends that I have used, even though the models are in ReStock, the actual part s are ReStockPlus, so they don't have an equivalent in stock.  This means I am going to keep the ReStock/ ReStockPlus 

Which is a shame as I have spent a reasonable amount of time working with the Stayputnik!

However, I have tidied up the cfg files somewhat.

• The side attachments are all standardised
  • There is now entry costs and costs for all parts
  • Science unlocks are now General Construction for the Station Trusses and Advanced Construction for the Med-Trusses
  • MetalParts and CustomPart trusses (in Med-Truss only) will only appear with SimplexResources
  • Still exploring  a Large Station Truss.  

I'm ready for release, but I'm having a issue with placing into the TechTrees with some of the parts replicating within the TechTree nodes.  I may release anyway this evening NZ time - before Strange New Worlds drops for me!

I'm not sure about the large trusses.  I looked at scaling up the cubic octo strut 9x which creates a octagonal structure which is 5m in diameter - so good for those size 4 tanks and skipping the 3.75 meter size.  This may be a longer term consideration as I am unsure how I intend it to be used, or how the ends would come back into standard connections.  Other possibilities include having multiple nodes,  or a sandwich style with a thinner central truss to allow other parts to be able to attached within the truss itself    The ReStock has the end truss lines which don't quite correspond to other truss parts that I've scaled up.

Glad to see screenshots finally. Did you use the old welding mod as a starting point for creating the parts? If so can you share some details about what it took to make it work? I used it all the time back in day to keep part counts down, but when I tried to get it working in 1.12.5 the other day but wasn't able to.

3 hours ago, BLUAV8R said:

Glad to see screenshots finally. Did you use the old welding mod as a starting point for creating the parts? If so can you share some details about what it took to make it work? I used it all the time back in day to keep part counts down, but when I tried to get it working in 1.12.5 the other day but wasn't able to.

Why yes!  I did use Ubio Welding in the latest KSP1.

I think you need LinuxGuruGamer's Click through Blocker and Toolbar Controller as well but for the welder mod..

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/UbioWeldContinuum/releases use the UbioWeldContinuum-2.6.0.9.zip download

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSPe/releases use the KSPe-2.5.2.3.zip download

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/ModuleManager/releases use the ModuleManager-4.2.2.6-122.zip download.

the third one is a module manger fork.  Don't use the regular Module Manager that has the version number. that comes bundled with everything else.  Delete it.  Lisias' version I don't think does everything but it does load MM patches for textures and restock etc, and has extra has the tweaks to make the Ubio work.

Looking at an update soon. 

I'm remaking the crew hubs using stretched models of the radial attachment points rather than the structural fuselage.

There will be two more hubs, a crew T intersection and a crew L intersection.

I think I'll also put in crewed trusses as well.

There will also be a 2.5m hub as well.  This will be a little different, but using the Restock 1.875m radial attachment point gave me the idea for the changes above.

I'm still considering a payload bay truss.  This wouldn't be 5m in diameter, but would function well to hold lander craft within a stack in a vacuum, and allow for those craft like a space plane to be able to sit through the centre of mass.

On 7/1/2023 at 8:56 PM, theJesuit said:

I'm still considering a payload bay truss.  This wouldn't be 5m in diameter, but would function well to hold lander craft within a stack in a vacuum, and allow for those craft like a space plane to be able to sit through the centre of mass

The payload truss is having some conceptual issues.  I though scaling the octo strut up so that the squares sat nicely to have a cross of internal connection points of 1.25m spacing.  I found x9 scale too big but 7.25 to be right.  So that's the base.  I then thought a structure that was as tall as the tallest 3.75 round tank, but the side scaffolds gave me some pause.  Using multiple models  is complicated with the texture variants and so many of the structural parts have awesome texture and model variations so as not to be practical.

Carrying on from above, I'm considering using a  combination of the small adapter truss to .625 that I have already used rescaled.  Using these mixed to create a nice truss scaffold.  But this is a longer work in progress for after next update.

The crew pathway trusses are done and look pretty good IMHO.  I'm now in the process of properly standardising the titles and descriptions and such - no breaking of saves :) but I'm using localisation for this and aligning with the Community Part Titles mod.

Hi everyone,

One part I've wanted for a  LONG time is an inline parachute.  Ideally one that was hollow to fit bweteen the Mk1-3 capsule and a 1.25 docking port.  But alas, the closest is the Ven's Stock Revamp with the its docking port and parachute combo.  But i don't want the lot.

So in the same manner as the trusses I'm trying a few different techniques.

Tried with stretched separtors with the radial parachute.  That was a nope.  The top attach node seems off

I tried simply putting the parachute modules in the docking port using the welder.  That was a nope.  Chute part is too big and resizing the base part causes the chutes to be funny shapes.

I've got a couple more variations to try before I give up.

I think i nailed it.  I was concerned about creating a 0.625m one, but scaling won the day!  

These are a single slightly squashed cone canopies.

The smaller one is 0.625m round to nicely cope with the mk1 and 2 seater stock command pods.  It has the same deployed drag as the mk-16 chute.

The larger one is a 1.25m round to sit on top of a mk1-3 pod.  Single large round canopy but same deployed drag as the mk16-xl parachute.

Update this evening then.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bimo1D said:

Hey! Here's a russian translate for your mod!

Thank you!  I'll download and add it in over the next few days.

I've also been considering using the procedural fairings to create a crew loading tower of sorts, or parts to create one. I'm going to spend some time today and tomorrow looking into this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 11:45 PM, theJesuit said:

I've also been considering using the procedural fairings to create a crew loading tower of sorts, or parts to create one. I'm going to spend some time today and tomorrow looking into this.

Very cool idea! Good luck with that!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.