hi, can we all cool down just a little? genuinely?

LittleBitMore

7 minutes ago, ArmchairGravy said:

Take Two Interactive, Private Division, and Intercept Games made the bed they're laying in. The $50 price tag set expectations for quality which were not at all met at the time of release. They disappointed their user base to the point it is going to take a No Man's Sky level of effort to get them back.

Darn it (Finally, For Science) is a giant step in the right direction. It'll take longer than one release to rebuild the confidence the community has in Intercept, but it's encouraging that the product is moving in the right direction. I think it's still a bit early to declare victory:

• How solid is Exploration mode which is basically a tweaked Science Mode + Exciting Contracts? Everyone loves it right now, but we're like a thirsty man in the desert at this point. It's easy to satisfy a community starved from any game play with some game play. I hope it has staying power—and the Easter Egg missions certainly look promising—but half a week of play is not going to tell us how it will be in the long run
  • Bug–wise the game has progressed from unplayable to unenjoyable to "ok-ish with some annoyances." Some of the biggest dealbreakers are gone, but others are still there. My fear—likely unfounded but still there—is that we now get a "mission accomplished, let's put this on the backburner" approach to bugs.

Congratulations to Intercept are deserved. Good job but keep it up. I think everyone agrees that where we are now is where we should have been 10 months ago before severely upsetting a large part of the community. But keep in mind that that community was in fact expecting a release that needs work (just not the S-show we got). And that's what we have now. 0.2 still needs a lot of work to be good. But it's a whole lot better than what we had before and if progress continues like it has in the past 3 months we'll end up with a great game.

3 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Bug–wise the game has progressed from unplayable to unenjoyable to "ok-ish with some annoyances." Some of the biggest dealbreakers are gone, but others are still there. My fear—likely unfounded but still there—is that we now get a "mission accomplished, let's put this on the backburner" approach to bugs.

That's my main fear as well. I tried my Mun rescue mission in Sandbox in .20. This was the first time I was able to complete it because only one of my landers fell over at physics load instead of both of them. The one that stood merely spun 90 degrees and wobbled. I spent half an hour trying to get a ladder to work on a Gumball lander before giving up. I'm worried a lot is going to get swept under the rug in the push to move forward because people won't be looking at these systems while engaged in Exploration mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.