My Intel Mac died. Can the game files work with Windows, Linux, Steam?

My Intel Mac died.  I now have an M2 Mac.  KSP seems to be a bit to strenuous for the Rosetta emulator.  Which leads to several questions:

1)   What are the chances that anyone will work to make KSP run better under Rosetta?

2)  can I move the current games I've invested many hours in onto one of the other platforms.  I have a PC running Linux.  If I install KSP and bring the game files across, will they work on Ubuntu?  If I put windows back on the PC would the Mac game files work under Windows?

3)  Steam on the M2 Mac... Is Rosetta running under the hood there?  will it even look at my native game files?

4)  On a slightly different note, is the Mac or Unix port of KSP2 anywhere on the near horizon?

Well informed speculation preferred, but gut feels work too!

Yes.

While doing support for my add'ons, more than  once the user sent me their whole savegame so I could reproduce a insidious bug on my rig.

I use MacOS, and I was able to run savegames from both Windows and Linux.

As long you install all the add'ons you are using on the rig, you will be able to use the savegames in any platform KSP runs on.

Happy salvaging!

Edited by Lisias
Kraken damned auto-correctors!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.