Kerbals still flung at high speeds when going EVA in space.

SeismicSlammer85

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows | CPU: ryzen 7 | GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 | RAMidk

This has happened to me sporadically but seemingly randomly, unfortunately I can't tell what causes this glitch. 

When going for a spacewalk, my kerbal will sometimes be flung away from the craft at high speeds as soon as they exit the vehicle. 

Edited by Anth12

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows | CPU: ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Nvidia 3080| RAM32gig

This has happened to me both leaving crew modules and grumble seats. It currently has me dead in the water for completing the weekly mission.

This is a neat capture of the trajectory it puts me on when it happens- note that when I reorient the craft it sends me in a diffrent direction. I'm going to go do some experiments and get some bug science.

It also happened at the end of another video I made. Its a gag at the end so my apologies for the audio. (The link is set to the appropriate timestamp)

I did go back to the save to do some science.  The EVA redirection seems consistently directional- always to the Left of the seat. This footage would also suggest that the phenomenon occurs only during flight, but from the clip I attached on Eeloo it's clear that the problem isn't limited to an altitude or velocity.

There is strong evidence to suggest that the problem is worse when a velocity is associated with the exit; during suborbital flights the kerbal ends up on an entirely different trajectory than the craft that was exited.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Anth12 said:

@Socraticat You know a lot about this bug. Can you confirm that its fixed? I just want to make certain.

I would love to test it for you, but I'm away from the KSP2 rig until tomorrow. I will get into the same situation this occurred in and report back by tomorrow night.

2 hours ago, Socraticat said:

I would love to test it for you, but I'm away from the KSP2 rig until tomorrow. I will get into the same situation this occurred in and report back by tomorrow night.

Thanks. Its appreciated :)