Simple way to isolate a fuel tank?

I've started on KSP1 again but this time I'm playing with the "Dang it!" mod installed to randomly break things. A regular failure is leaking oxidant or fuel in a tank. When that happens all fuel from every tank in the same stack is drained. Is there a simple way to isolate one fuel tank so that the intact tanks don't empty themselves?

At the moment I've been building things with multiple stacks separated by decouplers or girders. But that is just making the craft more unstable and only really required to force the tanks to not be connected.

So I end up with craft like this ...

separation.jpg

Those girders, and struts are not functionally required they just allow me to isolate each end and tank set in the case of failure. If I position the tanks right next to each other KSP treats them as a single tank

On 6/25/2023 at 6:25 PM, jnbspace said:

Is there a simple way to isolate one fuel tank so that the intact tanks don't empty themselves?

@Vanamonde has the answer:

On 6/25/2023 at 8:11 PM, Vanamonde said:

You should be able to r-click on the tank and click the tiny button to block its use. 

The original writer of the mod has a wiki that explains this, located at this link:  https://github.com/Ippo343/DangIt/wiki/Failure-modes

There's a section on tanks that tells you to click the little green icon in the tank's context menu, which is what you open when you right-click on the part (its official name is the Part Action Window).

You may have tried this before and saw that the tank kept leaking; I understand that that's how the mod works.  The damaged tank itself will continue to leak until you repair it, but by locking it, you at least keep the rest of the vessel from trying to pump more of the resource into it from intact tanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.