Unscheduled disassembly in flight

chax208

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: Space Warp, MicroEngineer, dV Stage info, CheatMenu, ManeuverNode Editor, InterplanetaryCalc,BepInEx | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Win11 | CPU: i7-8086k | GPU: rtx 4090 | RAM24gb ddr4

Ive been able to reproduce this 5/5 times 

once you get to the final stage wait 10-30 seconds and it will fall apart

Included Attachments:

2023-06-2820-14-09.mkv

ICBMs.json

Edited by Anth12

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 22H2 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz | GPU: 3070 TI | RAM32 GB

I've seen a few other people having similar issues. So far it has only happened to me after decoupling something, if I can recall it correctly. Been able to replicate it with attached craft file. 

After decoupling a few stages, the craft will in its final orbital insertion stage disassemble after burning for a short while. All the parts are noncollidable, and camera will not center on the command pod. Only seems to happen in atmosphere. 

I'll post a few more screenshots in the comment. 

Included Attachments:

disassembly.json

Edited by Anth12

• 4 weeks later...

having a more or less identical issue when using decouplers to seperate my craft into pieces, not sure why, but it seems guaranteed after i decouple, unfortunate since that fumbles my moon base plans and makes me restart, oh well. Here's my footage of the bug 

• 2 weeks later...

Just adding my experiences here- This bug has only just started affecting my missions more persistently, so I've been investigating.

I have been taking my booster on a suborbital trajectory before decoupling, and it seems that every time I do the upper stage "disassembles" as described in the above posts. Unlike others, who are disassembling on the final stage- I'm disassembling on the first stage, but it's my final stage that's falling apart.

It has happened with three separate vessels on two campaigns- one started before the last update, one after. I has happened with 1 vessel from the last version and two from the newest.

I've got some footage that shows me that the disintigration is coming from anything above my root part (probably more accurate to say it was anything on one side)- anything below is still attached. Something similar happened with my week 24 challenge submission: I simply subtracted the parts since they were just visual fluff- that fixed the floating camera after separation and I was able to submit a full mission. For my rover vessel I changed my root part to something higher in the build list, so I'm rooted to something that has a few more parts between the root and a decoupler. I also added some struts between parts that had previously fallen apart.

It seems to have worked, but I still can't say for sure what is causing it.