Changed between two undocked vehicles causes one to fall apart.

BechMeister

Reported Version: v0.1.3.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Home | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI | RAM16gb

So I was de-orbiting a warped docking assembly with two crewed escape shuttles. I had to re-orbit the two shuttles after the de-orbit burn so i could land them one at the time. 

I had an issue where when I undocked two shuttles, landed the first one and then took control of the second one - it would look like this:

Om1FcVl.png
DSAYycE.png

I decided to investigate the bug. So I loaded the load before the undocking and landing and investigated.

I did 3 takes:

1. Undock one vehicle at the time and attempt to move them both by changing between them by using [ (i think - i have a danish keyboard and move them on å) 
  2. Undock one, do the re-orbit burn, undock second, do re-orbit burn.
  3. Undock one: Quick Save + Quick Load - Re-orbit, undock the other: Quick save + Quick load - re-orbit and check if vehicles were still in one piece.

Results:

1.  The 1st shuttle would fall a part as soon as swapped back to it with "[" hotkay after undocking the 2nd shuttle.
  2.  The 1st shuttle would fall a part as soon as I had re-orbited the 2nd shuttle and I used the "[" hotkey to change to it
  3.  No shuttle would fall a part - I successfully landed the 1st and recovered then took control of the second via. the tracking station and landed that one. 

Detailed walkthrough can be seen in this movie:

Included Attachments:

Edited by Anth12

• 4 weeks later...