Green and purple flashes and lines on faraway terrain [Generally seen from KSC]

Fastfishy2

Reported Version: v0.1.2 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home | CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GPU: GeForce RTX 4070 12gb | RAM32gb DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM

Recently upgraded to an RTX 4070 and I'm seeing these weird green / purple dots that move with the anti-aliasing on distant terrain objects, and sometimes flash their respective colours. Only happens on distant terrain, not close terrain or any part of the craft. Multiple high-stress benchmarks and testing in other games seems to confirm it is not a hardware problem. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed.

Included Attachments:

KSPER3.PNG.48eec57ed16ea046c2b0f9d7c5e40e95.PNG

ksp2_x64.exe2023_06.11-10_01.59_01.mp4

Edited by Anth12
Removed Benchmarks. Not needed.

• 4 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.1.3.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4700G | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | RAM16GB

Strange lines and flickering/flashing lights "island runway" island, not affected by graphic settings (though the lines are softer with anti aliasing on). More prominent on low altitude/viewing angle. Green flashes are bigger, purple smaller. Seen on other terrain too but not to this extent. Maybe something with the sunlight shining on/through the island during sunrise? They of course disappear the closer you get to the island. The lines move as the camera moves up which seems to me to result in some sort of interference pattern which makes me suspect it's a texture issue.  

Pics:

Spoiler

Anti-aliasing:
qcidVKa.png

No anti-aliasing:
0BSPV0v.png

Green flash with anti-aliasing:
icAIXKX.png

Green flash without anti-aliasing:
GSxwm5L.png

Purple flash:
eXwy7Xh.png

Vid:

Spoiler

Edited by TripleStaff
pics and vids

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2023 at 9:09 PM, TripleStaff said:

Thanks @Anth12! thought I looked thoroughly enough for other reports but clearly not

you have no idea how long I did the same thing lol. Didn't find a single KSP2 specific report on this and I was crapping my pants thinking it was something on my end. Yours looks basically the same as mine, maybe slightly more severe, but the fact it's happening on an RTX 3060 as opposed to a 4070 shows it really must be a game thing.