Acceleration During Time Warp Doesn't Work at Times, No Matter the Thrust (After 0.1.2.0)

KUAR

3 hours ago, bobbybfat said:

Here's a comment to hopefully draw some attention to this bug. Should be able to time-warp while burning, no matter how high or low the thrust is.

This is in the top 20 upvoted bug reports, which means the developers will definitely be paying attention to it.

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel i9 9900K | GPU: Nvidia 3070ti | RAM32GB

Added this to Prove that any Thrust will Cause this Bug to Occur.

Steps to Replicate:

1. Vectors: Go to Full Throttle and turn on timewarp
  2. Turn off timewarp and drop throttle to zero
  3. Stage
  4. Stage
  5. Dawn Engines: Go to Full Throttle and turn on timewarp

Note that timewarp causes thrust to stop regardless of the engine capabilities.

Reason:

Video Evidence:
https://youtu.be/HD9wS2Wne5k (18 Seconds)

Save File:
0140TWUABugHiLowThrustTriggering.json

Edited by Anth12

On 9/5/2023 at 3:36 PM, Anth12 said:

Yeah, Timewarp under acceleration stops somewhere in Y15 D264 (adding a year and a day for 0.1.4.0) for a craft that I tested in Kerbin orbit.

This is the find. 

Went back to an old file with a craft that was on it's way to Eeloo, and jumped the time forward, checking every so often, 

Picked it up at 5yrs, checked it every year until 15, then checked every 100 days after 15. Stopped working right between 260 and 270.

Since I normally time warp TO a burn but not during it, I didn't even notice until my game was in year 21, lol.

Win 11 22H2
i9-13900KF   
RAM    32.0 GB
RTX 3080 Ti

Edited by Filed.Teeth

• 2 months later...

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows10 | CPU: Intel i5-10210U | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 | RAM16GB 2133MHz

Severity - High

Frequency - Can repeat constantly.

Description-I turned on unlimited fuel and turn on the time acceleration. The engine has no thrust. When I turn it back to 1x speed. The time acceleration doesn't work.  The throttle is also locked. It shows time acceleration more than 1x speed has locked the throttle . And it appears after every load.

- How to replicate -

1.get into any flight in orbit

2.open the engine and time acceleration to high speed

Edited by The Space Peacock

• 5 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X | GPU: RTX 4070Ti | RAM32Gb

Run into an issue where running ion engines during time warp drains xenon and EC like it would when running however no thrust is produced and the craft continues along the same trajectory. I tried a bunch of different engine configurations using single/multiple and attaching to different parts and they all produce 0 thrust under time warp. Was a pain to discover for an intercept burn with Moho which took over an hour. Also had an issue with the mab breaking after a quick load with the orbit lines disappearing. 

Included Attachments:

2023-12-1721-03-46.mkv

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel i7-13700K | GPU: NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti | RAM64 GB DDR5

Using this craft I am using an ion engine. Initially the craft allowed me to burn while under timewarp. However, after some time the craft would not change its orbit while under timewarp. You can see the bug in the video where I am able to burn normally, however once I go into timewarp it no longer changes my Ap or Pe

Something strange is that if I change the thrust limit on the engine to something low, it will fix the issue. Reloading a save doesn't fix the issue.

Included Attachments:

2023-12-1621-44-23.mkv

NewWorkspace.json