Golden Orbit Awards. KSP community awards.

AlmostBlink

This is a copy of my reddit post. Tell me what you think.

Hey guys,

You may have seen me around here a lot recently. Well... I had a pretty cool idea.

I want to make a community created award named the "Golden Orbit Awards". This would be a set of awards that are up for grabs to anyone who plays Kerbal Space Program. There will be lots of categories (Examples below) that you can enter. Once nominated by yourself or another community member, a large group for ProJebs (Judges/Experts) will review and vote on a top 3 in each category (Maybe we will do a community poll for some categories too). The winner of each category will be publicly named the winner, given a customized in-game trophy for the Kerbin Space Centre grounds and the "Golden Nose Cone" which also holds their customized trophy and can be attached to any craft they make.

I'd love it if this actually kicked off. But sadly I'm a bit stuck. I'm a graphic and web designer, but my experience in 3D modelling isn't good enough to make an in-game trophy and nose cone that I would be happy to give out. So, seeing as it's a community project, I'm reaching out to you guys to see if anyone would be willing to help? It would also be awesome if there was someone proficient in video editing, especially fancy intro clips etc.

If you guys like the idea of it, I'm going to try and contact the dev team to see how they can support this.

Post what you think below. :D

KSP Reddit Thread

Edited by AlmostBlink

Nah. Nah.

Why? Why? :(

This sounds great!

Thanks! :)

Yes please do it

Will do ;)

Where?

More challenges are always good.

On reddit and these forums.

I'd love to land on 3 different custom trophies.

You'll have to get working as soon as we announce it then. :3

And what would these be?

Well, for example, the "Over compensating award" for the tallest rocket, then things like the "Hax0rz award" for the best mod team/modder. You get the picture? If you have cool ideas, you could maybe join us and list them all?

If the criteria are properly established, I don't see an issue.

Suggested awards:

- Best video - taking into account quality of editing, usefulness/entertainment etc. (I enjoy watching KSP YouTube videos)

- Best mod or plugin

- Best mission - taking into account difficulty, planning, execution, efficiency etc. Mod and Stock sub-categories.

- Best Challenge - to recognise the challenge that most inspires and motivates KSP players to go above and beyond.

- Best design - any vehicle, taking into account originality, efficiency, novelty etc. Mod and Stock sub-categories.

- Best tutorial or educational resource - taking into account quality of presentation, helpfulness etc.

- Best screen capture - who doesn't enjoy a good picture?

The name of the awards could be references to sci-fi.

What about stuff like

Solved the problem of Overcrowding on Kerbin- launch multiple space colonies, takes into account total possible number of Kerbals that could be brought up

Beginning of Civilisation- set-up a base on other planets, size of base, total possible number of Kerbals

Homicidal Maniac- crash a colony on purpose

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.