Blue Gemini! A real life book

dskzz

Finished reading the Three Part series, Blue Gemini et al. By Mike Jenne.  Or well, I audibled it.

So it's about a "theoretical" USAF program to use a specially modified Gemini with a beefy radar, a deployable wing instead of a chute, and a special satellite killer tool.  I mean, for a space geek, and a military hobbyist, IT WAS AMAZING.  Also talked alot about the MOL or which is currently modded in game as the MOLE, covers the Russians, smoking on spacecraft,  a Russian nuke satellite, etc, MACV SOG.   And the terrifying bugs of an early space program of course...

Very cool.  And bonus, the engineer is the hero, the stuck up pilots get no love unless they are on a redemption arc.   

There's not enough of those sorts of books.  Like historical fiction set in a modernish space program...like For All Mankind. Which is battling deadwood for GOAT status.  I'm also starting 'the Apollo murders' which sounds very promising. 

So curious, have any of u read?   Any modders want to take a Crack at this?  Anyone suggest other good space program fiction?   Please don't say the expanse I've been through that series a dozen times often w ksp on the other monitor

Edited by dskzz
Just making it better

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.