Crazy Cyborg Skeleton Overlaid With A Human Body... Pros and Cons?

Spacescifi

Imagine an adult human body grown over a cyborg skeleton that is part computer/part machine. With some interface links to the body inner computer access etc. All the cyber communications of a computer or robot, as literally part of you.

Pros: Stronger bones than normal  Also computer abilities are a part of the cyborg skeleton

Cons: Bones won't grow or regenerate. Unless body is naturally cancer resistant then that is a risk what with the cyborg skeleton using electricity to function as well connect to wireless networks.

Thoughts?

Edit: Bones help create more blood, so whatever organs boneless animals use to regenerate/grow or replace blood they would need an analogue for.

Edited by Spacescifi

10 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

Imagine an adult human body grown over a cyborg skeleton that is part computer/part machine. With some interface links to the body inner computer access etc. All the cyber communications of a computer or robot, as literally part of you.

Pros: Stronger bones than normal  Also computer abilities are a part of the cyborg skeleton

Cons: Bones won't grow or regenerate. Unless boy is naturally cancer resistant then that is a risk what with the cyborg skeleton using electricity to function as well connect to wireless networks.

Thoughts?

My first thought is that bones do a lot more than just provide a mechanical robot scaffold.  They are deeply involved in T-cell production for the human immune system among other things.  They also generate piezoelectric potentials under various strains that the brain uses as inputs regarding the current mechanical forces at play on a body in motion, carrying things, etc.  And who knows what else?  I think stem cells can also be found in the marrow. 

I don't think you could find a researcher who would claim that we fully understand what critical functionality may rely on bones, especially on the marrow of our long bones

3 hours ago, Spacescifi said:

With some interface links to the body inner computer access etc.

What does this mean?  What interfaces with what?  What computer functions does the skeleton provide that the organic body does not?  What functions belong to the body, and which to the skeleton?  What capabilities does the skeleton have?  Does it have it's own senses?  Input and output?  Autonomous abilities?

All the cyber communications of a computer or robot

What "cyber communications" are you assuming to be inherent to a computer or robot?  What sort of computer or robot?  I've had a computer that wirelessly connects to the internet, and I've had a computer that loaded programs off a cassette tape.  You've left a large undefined hole that needs to be filled in.

computer abilities are a part of the cyborg skeleton

So, it can load DOS?  Run a NES emulator?  Accepts USB connections?  Does it have an ALU only, or are memory and I/O capabilities included?  It requires a keyboard and monitor to function?  Do I program it in assembly, C, COBOL, JavaScript, or what?  Is the program the defining identity or do the organic components attached to it have some say?

what with the cyborg skeleton... connect to wireless networks

Why is a skeleton connecting to wireless networks?  What part of a skeleton's function requires that?  What does the skeleton do?

Imagine an adult human body grown over a cyborg skeleton that is part computer/part machine.

So, where is the "person" in this?  Is it in the organic brain?  If so, what is the effect of creating an adult human mind out of nothing? 
Or is it in the computer?  Does that mean I can create 50,000 copies of the same "person" by installing the same mind into identical copies of the same hardware?  What does it mean if I can create the same "people" over and over again with no repercussions?

36 minutes ago, razark said:

What does this mean?  What interfaces with what?  What computer functions does the skeleton provide that the organic body does not?  What functions belong to the body, and which to the skeleton?  What capabilities does the skeleton have?  Does it have it's own senses?  Input and output?  Autonomous abilities?

What "cyber communications" are you assuming to be inherent to a computer or robot?  What sort of computer or robot?  I've had a computer that wirelessly connects to the internet, and I've had a computer that loaded programs off a cassette tape.  You've left a large undefined hole that needs to be filled in.

So, it can load DOS?  Run a NES emulator?  Accepts USB connections?  Does it have an ALU only, or are memory and I/O capabilities included?  It requires a keyboard and monitor to function?  Do I program it in assembly, C, COBOL, JavaScript, or what?  Is the program the defining identity or do the organic components attached to it have some say?

Why is a skeleton connecting to wireless networks?  What part of a skeleton's function requires that?  What does the skeleton do?

So, where is the "person" in this?  Is it in the organic brain?  If so, what is the effect of creating an adult human mind out of nothing? 
Or is it in the computer?  Does that mean I can create 50,000 copies of the same "person" by installing the same mind into identical copies of the same hardware?  What does it mean if I can create the same "people" over and over again with no repercussions?

The skeleton has interfaces links that allow for HUD overlay over normal vision to give the user extra information the computer can assist them with.

The person is in the brain. The cyborg skeleton is just an assistant of sorts. Has data already installed and allow for internet or wireless network browsing HUD when eyes are closed if using WIFI.

Cyborg skeleton can record things the eyes see for future viewing or uploading to an actual computer wirelessly. It also features a HUD translator for all languages installed, as well as several knowledge bases with imstructions on how to work or operate tools and equipment, and can quite literally guide a person's body to make the precise movements do a task they have never done before if it is downloaded. Basically the person may not know how to do something, but if the AI has the program for it can take automatic control of their body to do the task as optimally as their body will allow them to.

EDIT: Translator can also use precise muscle control to speak languages the user may not know, but the computer will if installed.

Edited by Spacescifi

2 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

The skeleton has interfaces links that allow for HUD overlay over normal vision to give the user extra infor the computer can assist them with.

Cyborg skeleton can record things the eyes see for future viewing or uploading to an actual computer wirelessly. It also features a HUD translator for all languages installed, as well as several knowledge bases with imstructions on how to work or operate tools and equipment, and can quite literally guide a person's body to make the precise movements do a task they have never done before if it is downloaded. Basically the person may not know how to do something, but if the AI has the program for it can take automatic control of their body to do the task as optimally as their body will allow them to.

How is this different from just installing a computer into any bog standard human body, with a brain interface to provide the "HUD overlay over normal vision to give the user extra info" (there's still a lack of what that info actually is)?  Aside from giving the benefit of an internet connected computer with a few additional sensors without an external device (because the device is just wired internally) and letting the computer temporally control muscle functions, what's the benefit?

Why a skeleton, and not a gall bladder or adrenal gland or kneecap or other random organ?  Why even install it internally, rather than plug it into a USB port in the person, or a device connecting to an interface in the body with Bluetooth?

Because a cyber gallbladder only works at bile-up speeds?

But seriously, it sounds like Google Glass or Apple’s techno ski mask (I forget what they called it) could do most of this. Apart from the direct muscle override thing which sounds like a nightmare when it inevitably gets hacked or your Three Letter Agency of choice decides to use their backdoor.

Edit.  If this technology ever gets developed, I can all but guarantee that somebody will develop a CyberPimp remote control for it. I’m sure I don’t need to draw you a picture.

Although I’m sure that lots of other lovely body autonomy violating apps will quickly follow.

Edited by KSK

Even though I've cracked the wrist bones in both my hands from heavy wrestling, have to say I really hard to accept replacing them with metal. It can be like wearable like the current exoskeleton for helping me lift weights and run faster, but put them into my body... ah no thanks.

My preference would be full terminator, then. No need to have the mushy brain if you have this sort of tech. Get me out of the meat prison, and put me into something a bit more reliable. And the flesh on the surface is just for aesthetics and blending in.

4 hours ago, Blasty McBlastblast said:

pros: the greater mass of the cyborg skeleton, and reduced overall buoyancy, means you will never be convicted of the crime of witchcraft

cons: co-workers will inevitably discover that they can place fridge magnets on you

And never walk near an MRI machine

Flesh and metal, eh? It just asks for trouble. Jump from the fifth floor? Why not - after all you have tough metal skeleton. Then you land... and all squishy tissues let you know how displeased they are with being put under very violent deceleration.

Either go full metal "ghost in the shell" or stay human and stay safe.

8 hours ago, Blasty McBlastblast said:

pros: the greater mass of the cyborg skeleton, and reduced overall buoyancy, means you will never be convicted of the crime of witchcraft

cons: co-workers will inevitably discover that they can place fridge magnets on you

"Skynet Inside"

"My other endoskeleton is a T600"

Computers already have heat dissipation issues, not keen on my internal organs getting cooked any time I try to use my internal vr system.  Think I'll just stick with wearables and stationary systems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.