Possible terrain glitch on Moho

QwertyHpp

Reported Version: v0.1.3.2 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i9-9750H | GPU: RTX3060 | RAM32GB

The edge of the crater (which didn't have a collider at the bottom) has a wavy pattern to it. Might just be a part of the geology of Moho, but logging it just in case - appears too regular.

Save File:
autosave_1.json

Screenshot From Save:

20230826230639_1.jpg.30ab63897a9045b7536fd8f52ee8bd19.jpg

Edited by Anth12
Added save file|Slight reformat

10 hours ago, QwertyHpp said:

Reported Version: v0.1.3.2 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i9-9750H | GPU: RTX3060 | RAM32GB

The edge of the crater (which didn't have a collider at the bottom) has a wavy pattern to it. Might just be a part of the geology of Moho, but logging it just in case - appears too regular.

Included Attachments:

20230826230639_1.jpg.30ab63897a9045b7536fd8f52ee8bd19.jpg

i think this is part of the terrian stuff for planets having an issue. 

this is them literally talking about it right here. Something about floating point, and unity artifacting.. so i think its quite known as a bug, but don't know if they know it.  Stair stepping terrian was an issue that they had to fix in the "local space planet" where the height map resolution when you expand it out and project it on a sphere the resolution cause the artificating.. something like that..  they use bilinear filtering and gaussian blur blending... for anyone that is intrested.

On 8/27/2023 at 12:23 AM, Anth12 said:

Is there anyway you can supply a save file for the location in the screenshot?
That would save a lot of time for testing the issue.

Huh weird I thought I did add one when I made the report... Whats the best way to provide it btw? Don't see any option to embed a file in this reply/when editing the original report

7 hours ago, QwertyHpp said:

Huh weird I thought I did add one when I made the report... Whats the best way to provide it btw? Don't see any option to embed a file in this reply/when editing the original report

The file options need to be selected with Ctrl or Shift to keep themselves up for being submitted.
If doing the following:

1. Select Screenshot
  2. Upload Screenshot
  3. Select Video
  4. Upload Video

Now Screenshot unselected itself and video is now the only one selected, so only the video will be uploaded

So it needs to be the following:

1. Hold down Ctrl/Shift
  2. Select Screenshot and Video
  3. Upload Screenshot and Video
  4. Submit

Sorry for the inconvenience.