Reverting to Launch When Paused... Results in Problems [Should Happen Whenever Loading From a Paused State]

Davidian1024

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Linux Ubuntu 20.04.6 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | RAM16GB

System Specs:

Hide contents

CySHHsZ.png

Frequency: High (seems to happen every time)

Description:  Hitting "Revert to Launch" from the escape menu while the simulation is paused seems to always result in some pretty serious problems.  When I first encountered this it left me at a frozen loading screen, but the audio you'd expect to hear comes in, and you can even hit some buttons on the keyboard and hear the game react via audio only like you'd expect.  Hitting space for example caused the rocket engine sound to start.  Another time It left me with a highly corrupt view and the GUI overlayed on top of it.  This time I was able to rotate the view, but was so corrupt I could hardly tell what I was looking at.

Included Attachments:

revert_to_launch_while_paused.png.c98e77bad836f24d5b156fe31922c174.png

I have a possible workaround.  Once you're in the problematic state, it seems that you can hit pause"<" and then unpause">" on the keyboard, then you might be able to go into the escape menu as normal and revert while the game is not paused to get to a correctly reverted state.

Edited by Anth12

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows 11 64 bit | CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11300H @ 3.10GHz 3.11 GHz | GPU: nividia geforce GTX 1650 | RAM32 gb

I had just finished updating KSP 2 and a had made a basic SSTO and had been fiddling with the settings to get a good frame rate I had reverted to launch about 3 times no issues and then I set cloud quality to medium I reverted to launch and then my game looked broken but its not just the visuals the UI had messed up so I think it wasnt  just the visuals then I went back to the VAB and I couldnt move the camera around so I loaded the medium command pod witch loaded no problems so I tried putting a fuel tank or any of the other parts and it just appeared as a pink cylinder like the game didnt know where to find the part model and texture any way I restarted the game witch stopped the problem. also I dont believe that I was paused when I reverted.

My setting at the time of the game breaking was everything on high except texture quality it was at low.

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram22023_08.31-07_46_15_01.mp4

Edited by joshua productions yt
I forgot to right something down

1 hour ago, joshua productions yt said:

Great to see another lunix user I know this has nothing to do with your post but how do you run KSP 2 on Ubuntu, and I have been having this issue on windows KSP 2 to.

Steam's Proton compatibility layer is taking it care of me for the most part.

I don't think Steam will try to run it through Proton by default.  Pretty sure I have to specifically specify it in the game's properties.

There is at least one thing I need to do to get it to play well.  In the launch options I set this one environment variable in the game's launch options.

PROTON_NO_XIM=1

I haven't tried it without that since probably 0.1.2 so I might not need it anymore.  In any case it fixes an input issue.  Kinda hard to describe.  Makes the directional keys seem to get stuck in the pressed state.

Oh, and I'm bypassing the launcher.  Last time I let it start the game via the launcher the launcher would crash.

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 6-core Processor | GPU: NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060 | RAM15.91GB

In the screenrecording you can see that revert to launch works nominal when I revert during flight. However when timewarp is paused, lauding the craft does bad things...

If you load while not paused after disintegration, the craft loads normally as if nothing happened.

The trigger really seems to be paused timewarp while revert to launch

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram22023-09-0118-09-38.mp4

ReconPlane.json

autosave_4.json

Edited by Anth12

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i9-9750H | GPU: RTX3060 | RAM32GB

I think I've seen this one before but reporting another instance of it,

Basically when reloading a save while paused causes the graphics to glitch out requiring a game restart to fix. Reloading any save or returning to the KSC doesn't help and makes the glitch worse.

Included Attachments:

I was able to reproduce it too. I also noticed that when you pause the game during loading it does not load the game as it is show in the video. When you unpause (1x) then pause again, the game loads the craft and it looks that the terrain is loaded later, because I get this fancy water splash.

The second craft in the background was my earlier craft. It has the same splash effect.

I think this causes the disintegration.

b0f1FMC.jpg