[1.12.5] Sterling Systems v0.3.8 [Apr 20, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

n84pGva.png

The Sterling age has begun. Lots more to come.

LICENSE :: Art is All Rights Reserved :: Configs are ShareAlike CC-BY-SA

DOWNLOAD :: GitHub

Issues to watch for:

• Part stats and models may change due to current pre-release state.
  • dV calculators do not ignore massless resources other than ElectricCharge so it will be a pain to get the dV for engines that ask for ThermalPower (while in ship editors, maybe not so in flight).

Support should be good for:

• Indicator Lights
  • Simple Repaint (only the whites of parts will be recolored)
  • Waterfall

Dependencies:

• B9 Part Switch
  • Community Resource Pack
Edited by JadeOfMaar

5 hours ago, hablis said:

Lack of System Heat config for the 1.875m wrapper radiators. I've dealt with it, but I've also renamed the parts, which will break craft files.

On 9/27/2023 at 9:10 AM, Siphon123 said:

Are there plans for the mod to have integration with community tech tree and other custom progression paths?  Also is there currently a system in place for holding fuel for the engines?

Howdy.

• CTT? Absolutely.
  • Other tech trees or whatever progression system? That's up to their authors, not me.
  • Fuel system? I'll provide my own tank suite sometime. There will be no dependence on outside part mods, but, there is currently a placeholder patch for Procedural Parts. This config may crash your game right now because some resource definitions were disabled since I wrote it and I forgot to disable that config. These resources were disabled because the engines that use them wait to be remade or were cancelled.

8 hours ago, mococo said:

The B9 part error appears as shown in the upper part Can't you solve it yet?

I solved it pretty quickly but I wanted an update to consists of more than just the fix(es) for that, and so it does.

Version 0.2.1 is up now

Have fun...

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 2023. 9. 30. at 오전 12시 55분, JadeOfMaar said:

나는 이 문제를 꽤 빨리 해결했지만 업데이트가 그에 대한 수정 사항 이상의 내용으로 구성되기를 원했고 그렇게 되었습니다.

현재 버전 0.2.1이 올라왔습니다.

재미있게 보내세요...

thank you!

Version 0.2.2

Among a bunch of small things, mainly fixes, I only got around to finishing one engine (and yet three).

The SULEU (Superb Use of Low Enrichment Uranium) is both a NERV-derived design and the alternative baseline to the stock NERV engine.

Stats for nerds?:

• 0.625m: 1.4t, 134 kN @ 930s
  • 1.25m: 3.2t, 300kN @ 930s
  • 1.875m: 7.2t, 675kN @ 930s

K8rhDU6.png

I've delivered a few new resource definitions, namely Beryllium, the ultimate option for the metal fuel cells (where the oxidizer is still Oxygen). I've turned off ThermalPower output on these. Maybe I shouldn't have...) I've also done some localization on these fancy B9 switcher tooltips so non-English-speaking players won't be 100% stuck reading English in these. Part titles and descriptions still subject to change, though...

jt8kL9Y.png

If possible could you perhaps also add a cargo bay that doesn't have any doors and is just open top/bottom

On 10/16/2023 at 9:10 PM, BGYT said:

could you maybe add a set of half fuselages that are cut from top to botom so that one could have a right and left tank 

18 hours ago, BGYT said:

If possible could you perhaps also add a cargo bay that doesn't have any doors and is just open top/bottom

Hollow fuselage sections? Like the one stock part? Sorry. I currently don't have any intention to provide cargo/fairing parts.

On 10/18/2023 at 1:22 PM, Manul said:

Nice, I like the idea of using just a raw reactor thermal output instead of all these pesky steam generators and condensers. Will there be NK-14A style nuclear thermal turboprops?

119_c4.jpg

Actually, I do have plans for Antonov-alike contra-props. One whose blades are like this and one like the an-70.

2273599.jpg?v=v40

Now that I know of this Kuznetsov NK-14, I must ask, is the NK-14 engine particularly long because it's a contra-prop, its attachment to the wing, or because of the thermal-driven machinery? The Antonov sure seems short...

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

is the NK-14 engine particularly long because it's a contra-prop, its attachment to the wing, or because of the thermal-driven machinery?

NK-14 was never made but it was supposed to be a modification  of NK-12, a huge and powerful turboprop that spins it's giant contraprops so fast that blade tips go supersonic. It was designed as an attempt to fly as fast and as high as possible for a propeller engine so it has a lot of compressor and turbine stages to get more power and high altitude performance. Each stage adds more length to the engine so it's really long.

DSC07282.jpg

Actually these engines are really huge, Tu-95 has disproportionally long landing gear (that hardly fits inside it's fuselage) to have enough ground clearance for it's huge propellers.

Spoiler

894740bd171135407d5e314bd5d84efc.jpg

P.S. I took a peek into another "supersonic" turboprop plane, XF-84H Thunderscreech and yep, it has a quite elongated  powerplant as well. This aircraft is also famous for creating an earblowing series of sonic booms by it's fast spinning propeller.

Spoiler

image008.jpg

Edited by Manul

3 hours ago, Manul said:

NK-14 was never made but it was supposed to be a modification  of NK-12, a huge and powerful turboprop that spins it's giant contraprops so fast that blade tips go supersonic. It was designed as an attempt to fly as fast and as high as possible for a propeller engine so it has a lot of compressor and turbine stages to get more power and high altitude performance. Each stage adds more length to the engine so it's really long.

That's a really nice backstory for an engine, and quite worth having it as a separate part from the Antonov engine. I'll make room for it.

Howdy.

23 hours ago, Voculus said:

How do we find and/or store LH and antimatter?

Nertea's mods for storing them (for now). Rational Resources for finding them.

23 hours ago, Voculus said:

How does the Mk2 cockpit wrapper attach?

A stack node is added to the cockpit's tip.