C7 SpacePlane Exchange

C7Studios

I just realized I told people I would share my Mun lander spaceplane and reusable launch vehicle, but totally forgot to do it. Whoops.

Here I give you two aircraft in one assembly. GRUNT-45 is the giant first stage vehicle, and OXCART-4 is the orbiter and Mun lander. It is possible to launch using keyboard control, but a joystick is recommended because the whole assembly is kind of delicate. That is, OXCART-4 is fairly robust, but GRUNT-45 requires some careful handling.

Frankly I don\'t recall exactly which mod parts are used here. Just get all of \'em.

This is my fastest C7 plane design so far. I call it the CX-10 SpaceBlade, and the top horizontal surface speed I ever reached with it was 846 m/s. It weighs 8.29 kilos, as I was aiming for a very fast and light model. The only drawback is that it can\'t land, and its maneuverability is very...limited. 4Vi2l.pngXjF6z.jpg

Try to see your fastest speed under 5,000 meters. The thinner atmo at 10k allows for insane speeds.

Here\'s a little something I made recently:

The Kingdom of Jhazeira finally has a bomber, the Ursa Major.

KSP+2012-03-28+22-10-54-59.jpg

Bombs away!

KSP+2012-03-28+22-12-18-67.jpg

Eye candy.

KSP+2012-03-28+22-43-04-19.jpg

The Shai-shan VII.

F6D223F6FC37C5EF75348442D07E66BE1F5B52DF

[tt]Wet mass: 10t

Dry mass: 7.5t

Engines: 1x AX309 vectored jet, 2x TRA-109 aerospikes

Maximum thrust: 305kN

Flight time at max thrust: 5 minutes 33 seconds

Ideal delta-v: 11,860 m/s (!!!)

Effective range: anywhere in Kerbin orbit; with drop tanks, anywhere on Kerbin (land+return)

Cruising speed (5km): 300m/s

Cruising speed (15km): 2km/s

Glide speed: 50m/s

Glide ratio: 5:1

VTOL: takeoff only (from gantry)

HTOL: takeoff and landing

Amphibious: no

[/tt]

Requires C7 2.16, C7 Part 3, and Landing Gear.

I love this spaceplane. It is solid as a rock. Without ASAS you can handle it easily, even with a keyboard; with ASAS it\'ll stay dead level even reentering at 3.5km/s. Re-level it once it gets down to 90m/s or so, lower the gear, and it\'ll land itself. Takes off from level ground like a dream, just push the throttle forward and once it hits 200m/s or so it\'ll lift off - or you can pull back on the stick a bit and take off at 100m/s.

You can stick drop tanks on the wingtips for a huge range boost, and even without them it can easily lift a heavy payload into orbit; with them, it can land, drop its cargo anywhere on Kerbin, and take off again to head home. I\'ve dropped rovers (using the cart pack) on the polar ice caps with this by mounting them on the underside, doing an orbital hop to the pole, and then swooping down and dropping the cart while gliding just above the ice at 50m/s. You can even stick a satellite on top and leave that in orbit on your way to the pole.

This spaceplane is so hard that, on one mission where the cat took over the keyboard shortly after achieving orbit, the crew survived. The splaceplane itself was wrecked by the totally uncontrolled descent from 120km into hilly terrain, but there were no fatalities.

The blueprints are attached; the one marked ER is the extended-range version with drop tanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Here\'s my best effort yet: A mostly-wing monstrosity that accidentally ended up with a thrust/weight ratio greater than 1 on a single engine, and far more fuel than sanity should allow. It\'s not very fast or pretty, but it flies like a dream, and can glide, maneuver, and land nicely even on full tanks. The tricky part is not scraping the bottom vertical tails off on a horizontal takeoff.

Uses C7, C7 experimental (with landing gear plugin), and one booster from KW used solely as a gantry (though you could certainly tweak the staging to launch on the booster instead of the LFE, but I make no guarantees about the safety of such a plan...).

I don\'t really have any name for this thing, but It\'s my best plane so far I think. Easy to control, glides well and can go up to 2.6km/s in the atmosphere (around 20 km high I remember), it also has plent of fuell to get you somewhere. It can also perform unpowered landings.

screenshot69.png

screenshot75.png

And my try at the virgin galactic (you will need damned robotics for this to work! wings controlled with 0 and 9 keys)

screenshot77.png

screenshot61.png

Landing the plane can be tricky, OH AND the plane is put on 2 fuel tanks from the KW challenger pack, forgot to mention that (I needed that otherwise it\'d break on launch)

That\'s a pretty sweet-looking Virgin Galactic attempt you have there.

I tried my hand at something like a P-38 (ww2 plane) but it did not handle very well at all.

jaCTy.png

(oh, i cfg edited those half meter nacelles to have 150 fuel and tripled their weight in a poor attempt to have half-meter fuel tanks. AFAIK, there are none currently in existence.)

I later made a full-size model but it didn\'t handle any better.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it isn\'t one of those 'OMG this is old don\'t post here anything go away' threads?

Here are two of my aircrafts. Hope you like them :D

The first one is Swordfish Starfighter II and the second one is Dragonsky series.

jBmpx.jpg

YAseI.png

RexJp.png

mjtna.jpg

oaNFi.png

sTzGL.png

mweqq.jpg

zuXMO.jpg

Z5RKq.jpg

U7ML8.jpg

That Dragonsky looks pretty sick, Wilcz. Any chance of posting the .craft? I\'d love to tinker with it.

Dragonsky I: http://www./?su9rhfksh46ex3s

Dragonsky II: http://www./?aurtyt7rxwuk9ho

Damned Aerospace or Damned Robotics

C7 both packs + Experimental Gear

Particle cannon

Down Under Aerospace Pack

Oh god i had to modify this post like 5 times because I\'m bad at Mediafiring xD

Now this should work

I\'ve recently developped this sweet little plane, the KS-10.

nSmB3.jpg

It can glide spectacularly and land with ease:

EKtIx.jpg

It can navigate in water at over 20 m/s:

eVxzZ.png

It can drive on land at top speeds of 80 m/s:

0MmHX.png

...And it\'s extremely maneuverable:

1ArYB.png

The KS-10\'s top speed below 5000 meters is about 270 m/s. It uses Tosh\'s cart plugin to roll so fast. I just love it, the KS-10 is probably one of the best planes I\'ve made with this pack.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

nSmB3.jpg

It can glide spectacularly and land with ease:

EKtIx.jpg

It can navigate in water at over 20 m/s:

eVxzZ.png

It can drive on land at top speeds of 80 m/s:

0MmHX.png

...And it\'s extremely maneuverable:

1ArYB.png

The KS-10\'s top speed below 5000 meters is about 270 m/s. It uses Tosh\'s cart plugin to roll so fast. I just love it, the KS-10 is probably one of the best planes I\'ve made with this pack.

Not to ruin you fun, but most aircraft can fly at 270m/s bellow 5000m.

He didn\'t say it was a record breaker or anything.

*Pics of plane*

Looks like a nice little run-around. :)

I wasn\'t particularly emphasizing its speed, good sir, as the gentleman above has spoken. It was purposely fit with a weak engine to increase its maneuverability.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I wasn\'t particularly emphasizing its speed, good sir, as the gentleman above has spoken. It was purposely fit with a weak engine to increase its maneuverability.

Well then I have found someone else who designs like me. Very nice to meet you.

X-36 & X-36 Orbital (STO) [mech Jeb required]

My version of the x-36 (standard Atm. Engine)

screenshot39dc.png

screenshot38t.png

screenshot37st.png

Specs

Range :

Cursing Altitude :16km

Service Ceiling :18km

Cursing Speed : 300m/s

Flight time : 75mins (approx.)

Burn rate : 5.2818 grams/sec

Distance travelled from ksc : 30.4km south: 1800km west (using mech Jeb\'s Landing tool)

Parts

C7 Aerospace parts

Mechanical Jeb

x-36 orbit (Aero spike)

screenshot40e.png

screenshot42hz.png

screenshot43l.png

Specs

Range :

Orbital Altitude : 95km Circular Orbit

fuel remaining 96.0 kg fuel for deorbit

Service Ceiling : 95km

Cursing Speed : 2255.8m/s

Flight time : Unlimited

Burn rate : 2.6 kilograms/sec

Parts

C7 Aerospace parts

Mechanical Jeb

Side Note: Aerospike I hope is from [0.151 C7] as i have had a lot of parts since bata - Images may be buggy, still learning form limitations

i have created the k52 for some ultimate kerbin karpet bombing ;P

capable of dropping a large payload onto land krakens (or just the VAB) it provides the high standard in atmospheric bombing.

warning!:the runway at the launchpad isn\'t always long enough for takeoff so boosters may be neccassary (at your own risk of course).

• 1 month later...

Built my first successful Jet. Not space capable. However I loved the design of it and I thought I would share. Critisim welcomed as I\'m not sure how well it works compared to others.

screenshot2-Copy.png

screenshot8-Copy-1.png

Bonus unrelated pic

screenshot24-Copy.png

Requires forward swept wings and radially mounted chutes,

Chutes. ::)

copied my sig after I made it. ::)

Lol its rather funny that the planet is on opposite sides, but I totally made mine first.

And do please be more constructive than one word comments. I used chutes because its cool and fun. If that\'s a no-no to the 'elites' I\'m not really sure why.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.