C7 SpacePlane Exchange

C7Studios

Of course it does. It\'s too heavy in the back. It\'s not balanced at all, it\'s just gonna be spinning around without SAS.

I recommend taking out the side fuel tanks.

I knew it should have. Not just the side tanks, elongate the fuselage and put some forward canards or something.

Guest Flixxbeatz

How well does that Galaxy Fly?

Flies just well, handles decently, and somewhat stable in-flight. Too bad it can barely land successfully (due to lack of gliding ability, even with RCS) and has a tendency to

How well does it land, zombiphylax?

It looks like the tail\'d scrape the floor when touching down.

I\'ve never drained the fuel enough to make it light enough for a landing, but you\'re probably right, I need to tinker with the pylons to see if I can extend the rear gear.

Successfully conducted a shootdown test of the JellyCube Wasp missile.

Test was conducted using a fighter design of my own that had already proven itself to be a maneuverable, accurate, and capable design. After launch, the aircraft was tilted backwards until it was slightly above level, maybe only 10 degrees. A missile was decoupled, then fired, and it streaked over the aircraft, having been fired too early. The second missile was fired a tad later than the first, and impacted the fighter just behind the cockpit, at the first section of fuselage tank. The approximate point of impact is visible in the screenshot, at the highlighted section.

XH4Nc.png

The impact destroyed the section of fuselage, with the resulting explosion knocking the cockpit loose and impacting the ground at a velocity sufficient to destroy it. The rest of the aircraft proceeded to enter a series of unstable loops.

wfkQR.png

After a number of loops, the aircraft began to spiral downwards and slammed into the ground, tearing off both wings, all landing surfaces, control canards, and engines.

AHmLv.png

ElmGq.png

Conclusion: While the Wasp missile can be an effective antiaircraft weapon, it might benefit from a slight weight increase and velocity increase. This would make it easier for the missile to destroy larger aircraft, or those made from sturdier materials.

Thanks to JellyCubes, I was able to construct the X-29. It\'s probably one of the best handling planes I\'ve managed to put together.

T0bVs.jpg

ndm9i.jpg

7TUo6.jpg

And it has the ability to glide with full fuel, so landing is very simple.

Sl5aq.jpg

And then I decided, what the heck, lets try to X-31 to get the hyper-agile aircraft all rounded out.

As you can see here, I used the new struts to mimic its rectangular intake underneath the fuselage.

acskB.jpg

ydxQo.jpg

And much to my surprise, this aircraft is capable of things very similar to the Herbst maneuver.

vaeR1.jpg

oj7hi.jpg

JNquv.jpg

It\'s very very touchy with precision controls turned off, but does things that put Cobra maneuvers to shame.

I\'m willing to share these craft files, but I think they require C7 with the new parts, Nova Punch, Capt. Slug\'s old radial parachute (Here), and of course, JellyCube\'s forward wings and wasp missile parts.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

The Eis Regen:

ElALT.png

48JGF.jpg

GYNDv.jpg

Now thats a fighter. How does she handle?

Thanks to JellyCubes, I was able to construct the X-29. It\'s probably one of the best handling planes I\'ve managed to put together.

T0bVs.jpg

ndm9i.jpg

7TUo6.jpg

And it has the ability to glide with full fuel, so landing is very simple.

Sl5aq.jpg

And then I decided, what the heck, lets try to X-31 to get the hyper-agile aircraft all rounded out.

As you can see here, I used the new struts to mimic its rectangular intake underneath the fuselage.

acskB.jpg

ydxQo.jpg

And much to my surprise, this aircraft is capable of things very similar to the Herbst maneuver.

vaeR1.jpg

oj7hi.jpg

JNquv.jpg

It\'s very very touchy with precision controls turned off, but does things that put Cobra maneuvers to shame.

I\'m willing to share these craft files, but I think they require C7 with the new parts, Nova Punch, Capt. Slug\'s old radial parachute (Here), and of course, JellyCube\'s forward wings and wasp missile parts.

Try doing a Kulbit cause it looks like the X-31 could do it.

i did it.... I DID IT!! :o

SHE IS ALIVE!

this is the biggest baddest spaceplane around... what is it called..... K-53 Kerbofortress

it flies smooth and can oparerate under any situation! it doesnt care about high speed and glides as if it were a kite!

Requirments: all C7 packs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.