[0.21] Hooligan Labs - Airship, Submarines and More

Hooligan Labs

No worries Hooligan :) I'm really grateful that you made that Launchpad!

I'm glad the Extraplanetary Launchpad mod was made. This is pretty much what it was always intended for.

Please make that into a side-mounted balloon!

But...! It's just...! Sigh, ok. I might take some time to re-texture it with the Dodec's transparent skin first. My textures are always bad, but I need to have some standards.

This might be an old question due to the current talk of underwater, but how is lead envelope decided by the plugin? and can it be changed to a different envelope?

Every time an envelope's code runs it checks to see if there are any lead envelopes on the vessel. If not, it makes itself the lead envelope.

Awww, I'm sad my sexy Duna airship with KAS-deployable rover didn't make it in to the new post.. well, a few versions old now, my post I guess! :P

I'm glad that's fixed! That is an epic mission. I'm going to add an action shot section to the HL Airship wiki if someone doesn't beat me to it first.

Edited by Hooligan Labs

Every time an envelope's code runs it checks to see if there are any lead envelopes on the vessel. If not, it makes itself the lead envelope.

So I can go into the .craft and edit that for the lead envelope? My airship I'm trying to fix has 5 envelopes, 4 being cirrus, one being a ray, and I want the ray to be the lead, but a cirrus always seems to take the spot.

Not that it stopped me. :)

Such is the price of realism (or something like it)... your ship now floats on skyscrapers.

So I can go into the .craft and edit that for the lead envelope? My airship I'm trying to fix has 5 envelopes, 4 being cirrus, one being a ray, and I want the ray to be the lead, but a cirrus always seems to take the spot.

I think so, look for isLeadEnvelope. Set it to false for all the envelopes but the Ray, which would be true. It should be persistent so I think it will open with the save.

Any particular reason why you are editing this?

Not very good results with radial envelopes. I put together two types, and improved "slug" and a transparent one. Had to 8x their size to get any amount of decent lift. The result can barely hold itself up with some structure.

Here are 4 "Pyramis" and 2 "Uncia" envelopes around a core, with structure. 40x scale multiplier.

lKi89oP.jpg

ev1RXxW.jpg

Unless people think this could really work somehow, I might abandon this until the submarine part is done at least.

I would if I knew how!

Something like Contribute - Add Page. I've been learning it by going through their help pages.

a thought on that, could be mounted to said future submarine for quick ascent. or used as a type of buoy...

Edit: And I just noticed the post with the sub pics with a mounted "slug," my situational awareness is awesome, lol, but maybe the buoy idea could be used, possibly with a blinking light like that aviation lights mod, maybe solar panel attachment spots, a battery underneath, maybe KAS for an anchor. it may not lift off the ground, but it probably won't sink in the water. also, what about a floating launch pad? there is lots of stuff that can be done with smaller air bags, you don't need the Good Year blimp to hold a small buoy above water...

Edited by Benzschwagel

with a space for KSP version and any mods used to make the craft and the ability to add links to .craft files for those of us who are not creatively inclined. Please?

I'll see what I can do. First to get the OK from the owner.

I asked this long time ago, and never seen any answer, so ill ask again. Would you consider making nosecones and tailpieces for the old envelopes? Ciruss and those two small deployable envelopes are nice and all, but i still like the original type most, and with proper nosecone, and tailpiece, the will be just perfect, and there will be no need for any other kind.

I think so, look for isLeadEnvelope. Set it to false for all the envelopes but the Ray, which would be true. It should be persistent so I think it will open with the save.

Any particular reason why you are editing this?

Was getting ticked that it was picking an envelope on the far corner to use as lead, rather then the one centered over CoM (when launched, loaded is another story)

Well then if I have your OK I may try and add a 'Design Gallery' page for your wiki.

It's a wiki! Anyone can add or edit pages. I have the ability to roll back if someone decides this commons deserves a tragedy... Anyway, no permission needed.

a thought on that, could be mounted to said future submarine for quick ascent. or used as a type of buoy...

The goal will be to make universal ballast tanks that can be attached to anything. They will float nice and can be made to hold still for saving launching etc, above or underwater. Buoys and deep water mining operations are included in my goals.

I asked this long time ago, and never seen any answer, so ill ask again. Would you consider making nosecones and tailpieces for the old envelopes? Ciruss and those two small deployable envelopes are nice and all, but i still like the original type most, and with proper nosecone, and tailpiece, the will be just perfect, and there will be no need for any other kind.

Ok. I was also thinking that it is about time.

Hey Hooligan, I'm sure you're keeping an eye on the Firespitter thread now, but I just want to draw you attention to this post; it sounds very interesting.

Thanks! I am trying to read it every day now, even if I don't have anything to yet say! And now I've been made aware of that KerbTown thing too!

It's a wiki! Anyone can add or edit pages. I have the ability to roll back if someone decides this commons deserves a tragedy... Anyway, no permission needed.

Sweet! I'll get to editing right away!

Gallery page is up and has first image on it.

Edited by JewelShisen