[0.21] Hooligan Labs - Airship, Submarines and More

Hooligan Labs

Debugging submarine code. Here is what the model currently looks like, radially mounted.

eg7GB2r.jpg

If anybody has an airship design they would like to have on the wiki just send me a link to it with the list of mods used to make it and I'll put it up there.

Thanks J! It looks good on there, we need more. :D

I asked this long time ago, and never seen any answer, so ill ask again. Would you consider making nosecones and tailpieces for the old envelopes? Ciruss and those two small deployable envelopes are nice and all, but i still like the original type most, and with proper nosecone, and tailpiece, the will be just perfect, and there will be no need for any other kind.

Have you tried Procedural Fairings?

One of the fairing types makes a good fuselage as it has no decouplers. It can make tails and nosecones just fine. You can resize them in the VAB/SPH and mount things to the inside or outside.

Debugging submarine code. Here is what the model currently looks like, radially mounted.

eg7GB2r.jpg

Can I help in any way? My system isn't overly powerful but I think she'll hold up. Just may be a little hard for me to get the debug menu to appear as I'm on a laptop and my f-keys are bound to various shortcuts by default.

Thanks, but this part is me just writing some code, booting KSP, and finding out how it goes wrong.

I'm not much of a perfectionist. Once it is good enough to do what it is supposed to do, I will post it for everyone to test and find out new and exciting ways that it doesn't work. :)

Sweet Subs. Soon the sea will be mine......

Anyway the balloons could be use to get me into space, or at least stop me from moving as I'm in the air?

I'm also keep try to make the balloons and launch pad smaller using 'rescaleFactor =' and it doesn't seem to be working, I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

And I'm wondering if the SQUID Paramagnetic System works in .21? and if I could get some type of working way to give it to my kerbals when EVA. Think anti-gravity boots.

Seeker

I have much of the sub stuff working now, but it does turn out that there is pretty much no way to control the stock water buoyancy as far as I can tell. I'm using Snjo's method to replace it with my own, based on my airship code. So it will take a little while longer to get out but it should be realistic and easy to control. :)

Alright. Well I'll be happy to test anything you need tested.

If you want to add more to the wiki, try adding more tutorials and explanations! Also, you could go through the old pages of this forum and copy the screenshots to the wiki. Just need a note that anyone can delete their shot from the wiki if they don't want it up there. That should cover all bases. They did publicly share it here, after all.

Sweet Subs. Soon the sea will be mine......

I'm thinking of also trying to do a hack to turn space suits into diving suits. One thing at a time...

Anyway the balloons could be use to get me into space, or at least stop me from moving as I'm in the air?

Check my Cirrus reveal video, in my signature link, for an SSTO airship.

I'm also keep try to make the balloons and launch pad smaller using 'rescaleFactor =' and it doesn't seem to be working, I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

I don't know why but that has never worked for me either. :(

And I'm wondering if the SQUID Paramagnetic System works in .21? and if I could get some type of working way to give it to my kerbals when EVA. Think anti-gravity boots.

Seeker

I think it sure does work! I think someone might have done something like magnetic boots, I know it was being worked on some months ago. You can always put SQUID on any part by copying the code in the .cfg file and attach kerbs that way.

If you want to add more to the wiki, try adding more tutorials and explanations! Also, you could go through the old pages of this forum and copy the screenshots to the wiki. Just need a note that anyone can delete their shot from the wiki if they don't want it up there. That should cover all bases. They did publicly share it here, after all.

Alright then! I'll get to work and see what I can do! Also I have a part, from the old remote tech, that i altered and have found to work GREAT as the main core for any airship that won't be leaving atmo if you would like to add it into your pack.

I've added two more photos to the wiki and if I can figure out how to record my screen at a decent resolution I'll see about making a tutorial video for YouTube even~ But if not then I'll be happy to make a slideshow tutorial!

Alright then! I'll get to work and see what I can do! Also I have a part, from the old remote tech, that i altered and have found to work GREAT as the main core for any airship that won't be leaving atmo if you would like to add it into your pack.

RemoteTech has some impressive capabilities... What does it do? Can you share some examples?

RemoteTech has some impressive capabilities... What does it do? Can you share some examples?

Oh this is just a part from RemoteTech that I stripped of the remotetech module. It just has a TON of attach points! I think it has 46 attachment points total and is the main body of the airship I posted to the gallery.

Oh this is just a part from RemoteTech that I stripped of the remotetech module. It just has a TON of attach points! I think it has 46 attachment points total and is the main body of the airship I posted to the gallery.

You mean the IntelliStrut?

Submarine mod! Consider it in Beta stage. The part can be found under the "Aero" category, because it's the closest to hydrodynamic. :cool:

c6U4wkr.jpg

Download link: KSPort is working! Now you can download the latest version from http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/submarines-to-other-planets/

Still has bugs. If you have trouble with controls try going to the space center and back to the vessel via the tracking station (you can save underwater no probs). RCS is recommended for turning.

Need to work on camera and handling depth control, especially with crewed compartments.

More details soon! I'll keep working on this through the week so post bugs and any ideas to fix them. :)

Edited by Hooligan Labs

I've basically been pulling my hair out for two days trying to figure out why your blimps won't play nice with InfiniteDice's carrier parts. Just one time I actually got the airborne carrier deck to fly off into the ocean, anchor it, and was able to land a few test craft on it easily. However, after that NOTHING worked. Some kind of data is clogged somewhere that basically freezes my crafts when using more than one hecto. It basically locks up, goes up 1m/s but never comes down, and refuses to acknowledge that engines are firing no matter where I put them on the model.

Here's some screenies from the successful ones...

2013_08_12_00001.jpg2013_08_12_00002.jpg2013_08_12_00003.jpg

And then after that begins the fail:

2013_08_12_00004.jpg

Basically everything just kind of locks up and freezes in mid air. All I get out of control responses is a very slooowwwwww rise, less than 1m/s. You can see in the pic I tried to sink it back down to earth and its just kind of frozen in mid air. When I put engines on it, even massive amounts of engines, it might spin in circles a bit, but there is no forward motion. So, want to try to figure out which is the issue...carrier parts or balloons?

Submarine mod! Consider it in Beta stage. The part can be found under the "Aero" category, because it's the closest to hydrodynamic. :cool:

Still has bugs.

So, the movetowater part doesn't work for me, and so I had to build a rolling platform to get it to the water. I found that Caterpillar tracks and Rollcage wheels refused to function, and even stock landing gear didn't work. I was also unable to adjust the ballast control without it resetting itself to zero. I didn't get it to the water yet.

A reinstall tomorrow will see if any of these bugs persist.

Dear Mister Hooligan Dude :P

You should make something like the pads that lift the ships in the Matrix.

Imagine the possibilities with this sort of smaller antigrav unit!

Would be cool but love your mod anyway! Must try for everyone who just wants some fun. :D

Keep up the great work, it's appreciated :)

I've basically been pulling my hair out for two days trying to figure out why your blimps won't play nice with InfiniteDice's carrier parts. Just one time I actually got the airborne carrier deck to fly off into the ocean, anchor it, and was able to land a few test craft on it easily. However, after that NOTHING worked. Some kind of data is clogged somewhere that basically freezes my crafts when using more than one hecto. It basically locks up, goes up 1m/s but never comes down, and refuses to acknowledge that engines are firing no matter where I put them on the model....carrier parts or balloons?

After launch boats usually go to the water. There is a check when that happens the first time to make sure the boat does this safely. What you are likely fighting is my soft landing code. I'm testing a version of the code now, slightly modified to remove that on non-hull parts.

http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/74965559/file.html

Sorry it's a crappy link but just replace the dll in the BoatPartsR3/Plugins/ with that one. Then see how it works :)

Edited by InfiniteDice