[WIP] G.R.A.P.E.F.R.U.I.T (formerlyTankHabs) [HELP WANTED]

Don0303

7 minutes ago, Don0303 said:

ah! thank you! horizontal and nosecone habs are planned! especially big thanks for this reference image, as many reference images like this as possible would really help development

the story behind was posted to an alt history forum and a lot of renders for it were made, that page is down unfortunately but here's a link if you want to keep an eye on it.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/boldly-going-a-history-of-an-american-space-station.502152/

the best of the illustrations came from here

https://www.deviantart.com/aedwardbaker/gallery/76593885/boldly-going

also if your willing add it, a tunnel like in the illustration that latches into the front landing gear bay of the shuttle and connects the nose cone of th shuttle ET would be real nice to have.

2 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

the story behind was posted to an alt history forum and a lot of renders for it were made, that page is down unfortunately but here's a link if you want to keep an eye on it.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/boldly-going-a-history-of-an-american-space-station.502152/

the best of the illustrations came from here

https://www.deviantart.com/aedwardbaker/gallery/76593885/boldly-going

also if your willing add it, a tunnel like in the illustration that latches into the front landing gear bay of the shuttle and connects the nose cone of th shuttle ET would be real nice to have.

been reading up on boldly going, and talking with some people involved, tunnel and other parts have been added to the roadmap

1 hour ago, TimothyC said:

Did someone say Boldly Going?

Maybe a hanger?

32_03_HangerIVA.png

a hangar is something I've been a bit 50/50 on because Im not sure how it would be done with the mods current way of doing things, if someone can think of a good way to do it its something i would love to add

12 hours ago, Don0303 said:

been reading up on boldly going, and talking with some people involved, tunnel and other parts have been added to the roadmap

a hangar is something I've been a bit 50/50 on because Im not sure how it would be done with the mods current way of doing things, if someone can think of a good way to do it its something i would love to add

In theory, it might be possible to do it using this mod:

However, it would likely be difficult to properly integrate. I have no idea how it would be applied to a fuel level measuring plugin, or if it even can be. Alternatively, it could just be an inventory part.

15 minutes ago, Horizons Aerospace said:

In theory, it might be possible to do it using this mod:

However, it would likely be difficult to properly integrate. I have no idea how it would be applied to a fuel level measuring plugin, or if it even can be. Alternatively, it could just be an inventory part.

yeah, my current idea is to make it an inventory part/ELworkshop

1 hour ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

This looks great! How can we help? Playtesters, art/assets, mod compatibility, etc. I don't see "HELP WANTED" on mods much, and this looks outstanding, and I wanna see it developed further. :D

main thing im needing help with at the moment is 

-making an original module for the parts

-getting original textures and assets

-basic concept sketches of interior layouts

any help with either of those would be greatly appreciated! help with adding compatibility for other mods inst strictly needed but is very welcomed.

if you do want to help just let me know how I can help you help me help us all!

Edited by Don0303

This is really cool, I have plenty of ideas on what to do with this,  (I have been looking for a kind of wetlab mod for ages). Textures are beautiful, Freeiva compatability, and best of all, you can use it on the shuttle ET.

In all seriousness, this is really cool, best of luck on this mod! I wish I could help but I don't have any of the nessesary skills....

2 hours ago, Startpanikin1 said:

This is really cool, I have plenty of ideas on what to do with this,  (I have been looking for a kind of wetlab mod for ages). Textures are beautiful, Freeiva compatability, and best of all, you can use it on the shuttle ET.

In all seriousness, this is really cool, best of luck on this mod! I wish I could help but I don't have any of the nessesary skills....

thanks so much! I'm glad people are liking this. 

by no means is help mandatory, but if there are any parts or mechanics you, or anyone, would like to see id love any suggestions!

4 minutes ago, Don0303 said:

that would be amazing! thank you so much! i would only ask that you mention the mod is not yet finished

if you would like I could send you a version of the mod that has 2 new unreleased habs?

First, thanks! I'll make sure to mention that the mod is work in progress. Second, for the mod showcase I feel I should only show what is currently available for download; however, thanks for the offer!

1 hour ago, Kerb24 said:

First, thanks! I'll make sure to mention that the mod is work in progress. Second, for the mod showcase I feel I should only show what is currently available for download; however, thanks for the offer!

makes sense! tank you so much and I cant wait to see!

9 hours ago, WhatALovelyNick said:

That's great! But can I convert an asteroid to some kind of space habitat with this stuff?

sadly not currently, though might be something I add down the line, sadly asteroid habs wouldn't really be able to be modular, soyoud either have one big hab or a bunch of smaller disconnected ones

On 12/15/2023 at 4:24 AM, Don0303 said:

sadly not currently, though might be something I add down the line, sadly asteroid habs wouldn't really be able to be modular, soyoud either have one big hab or a bunch of smaller disconnected ones

No problemo!
This can wait.