Coming close to Kerbin from the Mun makes the atmosphere go bye bye

dandoesstuff

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G | GPU: GTX 1050 Ti | RAM16GB 3200MHz

I was coming back from the mun when i saw the atmosphere from Kerbin literally disappear. Anyways

Possible steps for replication:

Step 1: Go to Mun

Step 2: Go back from Mun

Step 3: Atmosphere should disappear

Included Attachments:

ded.png.2636ab8ed89937d7b267ae8fd6aa33a4

theres quite few known bugs with atmospheres dissapearing. looks like i can happen in flight view, map view and the KSC. @Krzysztof Jaromir i took a better look at your report and that turned out to be a bit of a different issue where the skybox is gone and it starts flashing in weird colors (which in itself is seperate from the skybox being static/partially or fully missing)

• 2 weeks later...

I might add that this may not just be a visual glitch. I wondered yesterday why my engines won't start even though I have more than enough air intakes. Still the engine choked each time, but apart from that nothing else was particularly weird. When I switched to map view and looked at kerbin the atmosphere was missing... After a quicksave in orbit it was back again. I don't think this was a coincidence, but maybe there is a possibility that I made some other mistake when building the craft, I can't rule that out completely. In some other rare cases the atmosphere renders for the reentry, but there is no drag. This is fixed by quickloading enough times. Of course, this may be a different issue