Symmetry Mode Wont do more than 1x Symmetry

Bricey

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 10.0.23451 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor (16) | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT (16338MB) | RAM32678

After building a craft for about 20 minutes, the symmetry options no longer work (limited to 1x symmetry only) - despite working great beforehand.

Included Attachments:

Explorer2.json

VABSymmetryBug_logs.zip

Edited by The Space Peacock

I can confirm that it has happened to me also. Sometimes no matter what symmetry I choose, I can only place one part. Exiting the VAB to then KSC and going back to the VAB seems to fix the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit(10.0, Build 22621) | CPU: i7-12700F | GPU: RTX 3060 12gb | RAMGSKILL DDR4 32gb (x 2) @ 1600mhz

SPECS: Attached

SEVERITY: Medium - Non-crash, Partially game breaking.

FREQUENCY: First time - Not sure of cause, unable to reproduce.

DESCRIPTION: KSP2 has it's bugs, most are harmless nuances that can be worked around, which I don't mind and don't bother with bug reports as they are common Issues, but today I was messing around trying to build a fighter jet, I had a fuselage and mirrored engine + wings. During the placement of the tail stabilizer (mirrored) I miss-clicked and picked up the entire mirrored wing + engine assembly. This is normally not an issue but doing so completely disabled my symmetry on this craft file, and in-turn removing half of my plane (as you'll see in the attached video). I have not found a work around yet.

WHAT I'VE TRIED: I've tried to fix this by googling solutions and then trying them to no avail. I've tried reloading the craft file, issue persisted. I've tried closing and re-opening my game, Issue persisted. I've tried copying and pasting. I've tried looking through the craft file for anything obvious (I can't see anything that sticks out).

THE EXACT STEPS: I have tried to reproduce this twice (It's kind of annoying as it requires building two slightly complex assemblies, one of which being mirrored) and it has not worked. But here is how it happened.

- Step 1: All Small Parts: Cockpit, Reaction wheel, 5x methane tanks, Reaction wheel, Rear facing nose cone, **medium** landing gear under first methane tank, in that order. Adjust the rotation and merge parts together a little bit using the rotation and translation tool.

- Step 2: All small parts, mirror symmetry, parallel/level with fuselage. attach to the middle of fuselage: Air Intake (place this in-front of the next part), Engine Nacelle, Pre-cooler, J-X4 "Whiplash"

- Step 3: Mirror Symmetry, Place small wing on the engine nacelle, translate it upwards to sit level-ish with the main fuselage, place stabilizer on the front of the whiplash. change the procedural wing specs a bit, make them bigger smaller etc not sure if that's relevant to the bug. And then join the engine pre-cooler fuel to the methane 4th methane tank with a fuel line.

- Step 4: Mirror Symmetry, Place a stabilizer on-top of the whiplash with mirror symmetry ON, then grab the entire mirrored engine + wing assembly as one piece and it 'should' fail and disable all symmetry all together.

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram22024-01-1015-26-02.mp4

mirror_fail.json

I'm also having "fun and games"(!) with the symmetry mode. Tried to create an asparagus staged rocket when I add the fuel line to an external tank to link it back to the main one, it patterns the part around the external tank, and not the craft. Undoing the part (ctrl-z) typically causes the symmetry mode to fail, so not sure if that' s something that will help with this bug?

Edited by Monkey8EA5T
Correcting shortcut key for undo