Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Quick question regarding co-ordinates...

Do kethane and mechjeb use different co-ordinate systems? I seem to recall this being an issue before, but thought it had been resolved???

When I mouse-over the kethane map, I get two number between 0 and 100, either positive or negative. Mechjeb's landing guidance uses a three-section grid reference system, based on degrees.

Is there a setting I'm missing to switch between the two? Or is there a formula/method to convert them manually?

I'm using kethane 6.1 and mechjeb 2.0.8.

Quick question regarding co-ordinates...

Do kethane and mechjeb use different co-ordinate systems? I seem to recall this being an issue before, but thought it had been resolved???

When I mouse-over the kethane map, I get two number between 0 and 100, either positive or negative. Mechjeb's landing guidance uses a three-section grid reference system, based on degrees.

Is there a setting I'm missing to switch between the two? Or is there a formula/method to convert them manually?

I'm using kethane 6.1 and mechjeb 2.0.8.

On mechjeb you have the options to switch north for south and east for west instead of just having positive and negative numbers. The second two sections on mechjeb with the apostrophe and quotation mark things are mostly just for finer adjustments and can be ignored if all you need is a rough estimate.

I must say WOW to this update. Kethane is my 3rd fav mod. The new parts are great and really add to the system. I am having trouble believing Squad will do as good a job with this. So I am hoping that this will continue to be supported all the way to the end.

Great work guys (past, present and future)!

On mechjeb you have the options to switch north for south and east for west instead of just having positive and negative numbers. The second two sections on mechjeb with the apostrophe and quotation mark things are mostly just for finer adjustments and can be ignored if all you need is a rough estimate.

Got it. Thanks!

Is anyone else getting game freezes doing long mapping runs? I've got a satellite orbiting Pol at 6 km and it's freezing after several minutes left running at 10x. No crash log, just "Kerbal Space Program is not responding" and the usual unhelpful Windows options. It's Kethane 6.1. I was getting out of memory crashes but after getting rid of a few of the bigger mods that doesn't seem to be the problem any more.

Download the debugger part in the first post, strap to a vessel, then use the 'Gen Here' button while on launchpad. (P.S. I think you might actually have to roll off the launchpad to get a proper test because of the elevation - depending on the drill you're using. Stock kethane drill worked fine right on the launchpad though.)

Download the debugger part in the first post, strap to a vessel, then use the 'Gen Here' button while on launchpad. (P.S. I think you might actually have to roll off the launchpad to get a proper test because of the elevation - depending on the drill you're using. Stock kethane drill worked fine right on the launchpad though.)

Awesome, just what I was looking for... thanks!

How do I get to the Kethane deposits once I find it on the map? Do I have to use mechjeb to get to them?

I build moving rigs for going to the deposits as needed.

This is my current build for a ore mining smelter... Never do one thing with a vehikle when you can do 7.

dpOT6dX.jpg

It is in the final stages for prelaunch... still testing all the bits, but this is my answer to the problem off landing on a deposit... I don't I just land and then go there.

This is my Duna Kethane factory... Prolly a more bizzare idea. Combination of light thusters, hooligan balloons, and firespitter props are used togather to slow boat the whole rig around...

mYO2XIX.png

If you are better at calling a landing or using the mechjeb landing protocol that works too and you can make a stationary factory, but I know these evil modders, and they will do things... terrible things... like updating the depletion rate of the goods to the point that movement will be needed.

Good luck in these endevors... and remember ... modders collect kerbal tears to flavor their coffee

Alacrity Fitz

Every time i attach a scanner to a ship and launch it ill get an black star backround with immediate game frozen.

i have to restart it everytime, no crash, no "ksp doesnt respond" etc. just frozen

I don't know how I missed this earlier but you removed the animation stuff from the detector stuff so I can now overload my MapSat dish to detect Kethane as well! Thank You! [although I do wish it were the other way around as I like your models better]

I just needed to add:

@PART[iSA_MapSat] {

MODULE {

name = KethaneDetector

DetectingPeriod = 0.9

DetectingHeight = 1200000

PowerConsumption = 2.5

}

}

to my ModuleManager.dll cfg file and boom. [for those not using that mod, just edit the mapsat parts.cfg file and add the MODULE{...} part.

I just wanted to say thank you for this great mod. Between this one, Extraplanetary Launchpads and Orbital construction I am having a whale of a time :D. Currently tweaking some configs to get them all working together, for example OC's SpareParts are a bugger to launch so using EL to make metal and tweaking Kethane converters to make plastic and then using both to make SpareParts I have now got a feeling of depth to the game I hadn't had before.

Nothing in the Wiki - Downloaded this last night, didn't get to play with it - and now at work. So, I;'ll ask so I can design in my head until I get home.

Obviously, the scanners work on the body you're in the SOI of.

What's the maximum range of each scanner, if they're different?

How big a spot do they image per "pulse"? How often does it pulse? ...Or how wide a path, if continuous scan?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how many satellites I need for a full-body scan in some non-geologic time frame. ;)

mYO2XIX.png

Awesome! I love seeing what people build with Kethane.

Never ask a developer when. Never. Release dates are the holy and sacred numbers of KSP

I'm not a KSP dev. ;-) Release dates are sometimes hard to pin down, but versions are easier to talk about. Kethane has a narrower scope so it's easier to plan releases.

I saw this awesome hexagon map on KSP TV. When does it get implemented?

The geodesic grid map will be in the 0.7 update. As you can see, a lot of it already works great!

Nothing in the Wiki - Downloaded this last night, didn't get to play with it - and now at work. So, I;'ll ask so I can design in my head until I get home.

Obviously, the scanners work on the body you're in the SOI of.

Yeah.

What's the maximum range of each scanner, if they're different?

How big a spot do they image per "pulse"? How often does it pulse? ...Or how wide a path, if continuous scan?

The small one has a range of 250km and a scan period of 1.5s.

The large one has 1200km and 0.9s, at cost of little more than 3x power usage. At least if I can read numbers properly.

Every pulse reveals the pixel you're above at that time on a 256x128 map...

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how many satellites I need for a full-body scan in some non-geologic time frame. ;)

One. Unloaded vessels don't scan so launching multiple doesn't have any advantage over using one and adjusting orbit if you should fall into resonancy. Also timewarp greatly helps to get a quick overview.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.