Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Using latest 24.2 and I've installed kethan + the unofficial 0.24.2 patch.

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

I've activated the kethan conversion on an orbiting base, but no conversion is happening.

It's my first time trying to get something to work. Perhaps I just missed some detail.

I also notice that converting mono-propellant isn't an option.

Still trying to figure this one out, as a test I sent a plane out to kerbin to drill for kethane, using this same medium converter on-board, and I was able to convert kethane as expected.

Here in orbit, I've got kethane in 2 recepticals on both sides of the converter unit, plenty of electricity, I can manually transfer fuel across the entire platform, but no conversion happening.

Anyone wanna venture a guess? I'd be ever so grateful.

BZHmMT3.png

Edited by davidparks21

What is Kethane?
Kethane is a substance found throughout the universe unique for its ability to be converted to any number of useful products or be used as a fuel source directly. To harvest kethane in one of its many forms, one must first scan planets and moons using survey units, mine the discovered deposits with specialized extracting tools, and store it in the proper kethane storage apparatuses.

https://github.com/Majiir/Kethane/wiki/Overview%20of%20Kethane

Hi I'm _XSuperKerbalX_ Im new at Forums!

I Wanted a Kethane for 0.23.5 i cant find it I Dont know the Name of 0.23.5 Kethane Help me please. reply me And give me link C: THANKS!!

Wow, that's a bold question.

Crazy thought. There is an old versions link in the OP. Or the github page as the old releases would say what version they are for.

Kind of. It's the dll only so you should just be able to overwrite your current Kethane folder with the one from the patch, provided you have 0.8.8 installed. But it's not a different link to the one in the OP. Course, without any pictures or logs, I'm stabbing in the dark here - there could be a hundred reasons why your drill isn't working, I just recommended upgrading to the version that works with the latest KSP.

hi... i have a problem...

i have the .23.5 version and i have used this mod everytime... i have delate some other mods because my computer was quitly slow...

than... now i have in my game all kethane's parts... but... i dont see the grids over the planets...

on the toolbar i tryed to click the "show/hide kethane controls" but the green control to engage the grid over kerbin or other planet... not show...

any ideas or suggest?

rasterpropmonitor is required for kethane mod? because i delate raster with others mods... i not use it in IVA and without it my system run more fast....

only one other question... now the kethane mod version is fixed to work under .24

what version is the mostly correct to use under .23.5?

thx for all your help

Kethane 0.9 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This update features major API enhancements and revisions to licensing. (A blog post with details about the new license terms will follow. [EDIT 2] Here it is.) Gameplay remains largely unchanged from version 0.8.8.1.

Additionally, Kethane is now hosted on KerbalStuff instead of my nabaal.net serverâ€â€but KerbalStuff itself is hosted on my servers, so your download experience should be largely unchanged. Historical versions are still available on nabaal.net.

[EDIT] This should go without saying, but this is a very breaking update for plugin API users. Part configs shouldn't need any updates, but any plugin referencing Kethane is definitely going to break.

Changes in this version:

• Massive reorganization of plugin code. The previous mess of spaghetti has made way for a more organized codebase with fewer dependencies between components.
  • Licensing has been revised to be more open and easier to understand. A license summary file is available in the repository root and in the download archive. Of particular note, (most of) the plugin is now available under the BSD 2-Clause license. This revision was facilitated by the aforementioned code reorganization.
  • Revisions to the core resource API. The formerly monolithic KethaneData has been split into a number of classes for handling scenario state. Third-party code can now read and mutate state through accessors instead of modifying state directly.
  • The resource generator interfaces now handle cell deposits through IBodyResources methods instead of the ICellResource interface (which has been removed). This reduces GC pressure in some cases (e.g. CellularResourceGenerator) and gives resource generators more control over how resources are read and extracted. In particular, cross-cell interactions can now be modeled within generators themselves.
  • Toolbar support is now provided by blizzy78's wrapper code instead of an optional assembly. The KethaneToolbar.dll included with the download is intentionally empty, and the main Kethane plugin will clean it up on first run.
  • Legacy save support has been removed. Saves generated prior to version 0.8.1 are now incompatible. To upgrade, load and save an old persistence file in version 0.8.8 before upgrading to 0.9.
  • Reset Body Data in the debug panel now additionally resets the scan data.

Since they weren't posted before, here are changelogs from the last few versions:

Changes in 0.8.8.1 (taniwha):

• Fixed GetConnectedResources issue with converters.

Changes in 0.8.8:
  • Fixed erroneous CompatibilityChecker warning.

Changes in 0.8.7:

• Rebalanced converter stats. Converters now produce useful mixes instead of individual fuels, and they no longer defy conservation of mass. There are also some waste byproducts which could be economically useful if captured.
  • Logarithmic scaling of the scanning timewarp factor was removed in favor of a linear factor. This has the effect of removing the commonly observed "gaps" when scanning at medium timewarp rates. (Very high warp rates will still have gaps; this is a limitation of the simulation.)
  • Part costs were adjusted across the board for the budget feature.
  • The Kethane resource now has a unit cost, so it can be recovered for some value.
  • Fixed optional converter inputs/outputs. (Thanks, taniwha, for the pull.)

Edited by Majiir

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.