Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Are there any plans to make kethane regenerate (naturally and gradually, randomly and suddenly, or in any other fashion) in future versions? Or are we meant to run out eventually?

For now, you're meant to run out. I'm not necessarily against regeneration schemes, but I think if you mine Minmus dry, it's about time you started mining somewhere else.

And regardless of that, what's the best way to make the game re-generate the kethane deposits?

Add "Debug=True" to the Kethane settings.cfg file and start the game. The Kethane window in the map view will have options for regenerating deposits. (These will be getting a makeover in 0.8, but for now they just regenerate all the deposits for all resources at every planet.)

excuse me me I did not want you to offend:huh:

...then maybe you shouldn't accuse a mod developer of deliberately distributing malware.

Be careful mod probably contains a virus! I read the message and confirm I have Avast finds a virus. In earlier versions of all was well. Probably the developer did it deliberately, after installation Kethane 0.7.7 began errors in the game.

Get a real virus program kid...not that free garbage that never works right (a.k.a. Avast)

And suggesting Majiir put a virus in kethane download on purpose....thats is the most rude, childish, and downright ignorant thing i have EVER seen posted on this forums......

psst...Majiir...ill kneecap him for...$20 =P

For now, you're meant to run out. I'm not necessarily against regeneration schemes, but I think if you mine Minmus dry, it's about time you started mining somewhere else.

My worries aren't that I'll have to move elsewhere, but that my entire Kerbolar system runs out of kethane and, consequently, out of things to do :P

Be careful mod probably contains a virus! I read the message and confirm I have Avast finds a virus. In earlier versions of all was well. Probably the developer did it deliberately, after installation Kethane 0.7.7 began errors in the game.

Avast is well known for blocking legitimate downloads on the basis of the hosting site alone. Since Majiir hosts it on his own server, that's probably why you're getting the warning message. Hell, at one time it was even blocking Blizzard's WoW downloader.

My worries aren't that I'll have to move elsewhere, but that my entire Kerbolar system runs out of kethane and, consequently, out of things to do :P

Then I'd suggest you seek immediate help for severe Kethane addiction. :P

I think we can all agree at this point, there is no excusing you.

Agreed but dont feed the troll. :rolleyes: Also I have Avast and have never had a problem with Kethane or any KSP mod for that matter.

Take a look at this Kethane scanning satellite i've made using Procedural fairings.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Orphican
Avast comment

hi again. after sucfcessfully launching 2 days ago kethane mod on the steam versioin of ksp after transfer , the mod functionality dissapears and after reinstall and file purge does not apeer again =\

what can be wrong ?

Excuse me please: I'm trying to hack kethane converter so it can take in multiple input resources and multiple output resources, your part.cfg seems to only have sourceresource and targetresource (albeit powerconsumption too) I'm trying to make a ore-->fertilizer-->plants-->food mod so I can bake a pizza on the moon. Please can you explain how the converter code works? Here's a screenshot of all the resources I have: http://i.imgur.com/ghxGzWP.jpg

I don't understand what references sourceresource and targetresource in the source code, there are no references to it anywhere in the .cfg nor in the .cs file here: https://github.com/Majiir/Kethane/blob/master/Plugin/KethaneController.cs

Help?

Seems Interplanetary launchpads ran into the same problem with the smelter.

Even if you were correct that there was a virus in the file, your suggestion that Majiir had inserted it deliberately is based on nothing but your own..... I don't know, I just don't have the words.

Assumptions, that's what you ere probally going for

Add "Debug=True" to the Kethane settings.cfg file and start the game. The Kethane window in the map view will have options for regenerating deposits. (These will be getting a makeover in 0.8, but for now they just regenerate all the deposits for all resources at every planet.)

I just simply edited the file to have 100,000,000 at every deposit

Excuse me please: I'm trying to hack kethane converter so it can take in multiple input resources and multiple output resources, your part.cfg seems to only have sourceresource and targetresource (albeit powerconsumption too) I'm trying to make a ore-->fertilizer-->plants-->food mod so I can bake a pizza on the moon. Please can you explain how the converter code works? Here's a screenshot of all the resources I have: http://i.imgur.com/ghxGzWP.jpg

I don't understand what references sourceresource and targetresource in the source code, there are no references to it anywhere in the .cfg nor in the .cs file here: https://github.com/Majiir/Kethane/blob/master/Plugin/KethaneController.cs

Help?

Seems Interplanetary launchpads ran into the same problem with the smelter.

UPGRADE your kethane

I just simply edited the file to have 100,000,000 at every deposit
So much THIS. I can not see a reason to have such pitiful deposits. It should not be possible to launch a single craft from Kerbin which can mine an entire deposit by itself in one go. Generally a deposit would last for a decade or more under heavy extraction. Is it possible to have the min and max deposit sizes set in the cfg or something so we can have heavy and light deposits to more properly suit our individual gameplay? Then you could have deposits that are very small and only suitable for craft carrying up to one kerbal to refuel once, all the way to deposits that can have mining bases running on them for decades or anywhere inbetween. You keep the current gameplay and expand it for all users. Unless of course this is currently possible, I must admit to not checking.

John, considering your launching something that only weighs a few tons and can draw resources that should be thousands of feet down.....

Maybe have some form of slow regeneration rate, say 1 kethane per hour per cell? Assume it seeps up from the lower deposits that would require a full on drilling rig the size of a 2000T rocket.

Is it possible to have the min and max deposit sizes set in the cfg or something so we can have heavy and light deposits to more properly suit our individual gameplay? Then you could have deposits that are very small and only suitable for craft carrying up to one kerbal to refuel once, all the way to deposits that can have mining bases running on them for decades or anywhere inbetween. You keep the current gameplay and expand it for all users. Unless of course this is currently possible, I must admit to not checking.

Absolutely it is possible. If you look in GameData\Kethane\Resources\Kethane.cfg you will find the configuration for the generator, which specifies the max and min amounts per deposit, as well as the deposit count, with the ability to set defaults, and also to adjust them for each individual body in the system.

You'll need to regenerate the Kethane deposits after you edit it, though (either start a new save, delete the node from your SFS file, or use the debug console to regenerate).

Hi all I am hopping some one can help me I have installed the latest kethane pack 0.7.7 but cannot get it to work, I seem to have the new parts, but I have built 6 satellites and all give me the same error message “insufficient energy†I have tried orbits from 10km to 150 km using the small and medium detectors, with no different results. I have heaps of batteries and solar panels and reactors. Also I do not see a grid any were. What am I doing wrong?

Hi all I am hopping some one can help me I have installed the latest kethane pack 0.7.7 but cannot get it to work, I seem to have the new parts, but I have built 6 satellites and all give me the same error message “insufficient energy†I have tried orbits from 10km to 150 km using the small and medium detectors, with no different results. I have heaps of batteries and solar panels and reactors. Also I do not see a grid any were. What am I doing wrong?

Did you install the mod properly by simply copying the "Kethane" Folder into your "Proper Directory Here\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\" folder? If you did not, you installed it wrong and get to dig it out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.