Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Hopefully, this will be updated soon. Waiting patiently. Any ETA for this?

Given Majiir is still competing in the Kerbin Cup, I'm guessing it won't be until after his team have submitted their entry in the final challenge.

So probably some time in the next week.

When will we get a Version for 24.2 ?

Welcome to the forums, XSparrow. Please, refer to the posts up above to have an idea on when the mods are gonna be updated and released.

Keep in mind that the modders are doing a service for all of us for free; for such, its not their obligation to release the mods. All that remains for us is to wait patiently until they have an opportunity to release the updates, and to thank them for their highly appreciated hard work. :)

Ah, I thought this mod was working.

Came here to ask why my Drill/Converter won't make fuel, hoping I was doing something simple wrong :P

Guess I'm putting my new Kethane bases on hold for now :D

I know how you feel, my Kethane, EL mining base got put on hold too. Oh well beck to making more money via contracts.

Welcome to the forums, XSparrow. Please, refer to the posts up above to have an idea on when the mods are gonna be updated and released.

Keep in mind that the modders are doing a service for all of us for free; for such, its not their obligation to release the mods. All that remains for us is to wait patiently until they have an opportunity to release the updates, and to thank them for their highly appreciated hard work. :)

I'm glad to see that fellow gamers appreciate the mod makers and the work they put into making a great game even better. So I say a toast to you Kowgan and, all gamers that appreciate the mod makers. And a hearty hello to XSparrow and all the new folks on the forums.

I'm waiting patiently for this mod to be updated for 0.24.2... but was just wondering.. if I ignore the compatibility warning and play anyway... what's still working? and, is ther a temporary fix to lee[ the plugin running until we get a new build?

I'm waiting patiently for this mod to be updated for 0.24.2... but was just wondering.. if I ignore the compatibility warning and play anyway... what's still working? and, is ther a temporary fix to lee[ the plugin running until we get a new build?

From what I've seen, it's only the converters not working. I can still mine the stuff, although it haven't tried scanning for any new deposits.

From what I've seen, it's only the converters not working. I can still mine the stuff, although it haven't tried scanning for any new deposits.

Parts are not affected by the update. A recompilation of the DLL designed for 0.24.2 will pick up all the functionality, unless Kethane radically changed its resource structure. So go ahead and build the base, by the time you're mostly done, i'm sure the hotfix compatibility will be resolved.

Scanning works fine as well. The only problem is the converters. You could probably fix the whole thing by replacing the kethane converter modules with different ones. TAC Life Support provides generic converters for example, a bit of config magic should allow those to convert kethane.

KSP 0.24.2

I can Extract and store the Kethane but the converter converts nothing.

This is so frustrating. We want Kethane back don't we ??!!

Edited by Ruca

I'm glad to see that fellow gamers appreciate the mod makers and the work they put into making a great game even better. So I say a toast to you Kowgan and, all gamers that appreciate the mod makers. And a hearty hello to XSparrow and all the new folks on the forums.

Thank you! Hello to you too. :)

People are right, its time to leave the kethane labs taking a break (I heard the workers are on strike, doing protests or something :() and pay more attention to those station-building missions, before THEY also want to protest against us! :wink:

Parts are not affected by the update. A recompilation of the DLL designed for 0.24.2 will pick up all the functionality, unless Kethane radically changed its resource structure. So go ahead and build the base, by the time you're mostly done, i'm sure the hotfix compatibility will be resolved.
Scanning works fine as well. The only problem is the converters. You could probably fix the whole thing by replacing the kethane converter modules with different ones. TAC Life Support provides generic converters for example, a bit of config magic should allow those to convert kethane.

Thanks for the replies. As I'm starting a new career, hopefully we'll have a fixed build before I get that far... great news.

Keep up the good work on this mod... until they make it stock ;)

Thanks for the replies. As I'm starting a new career, hopefully we'll have a fixed build before I get that far... great news.

Keep up the good work on this mod... until they make it stock ;)

if u using MKS there is a .cfg to allow it to convert ore to metal to use with EPL if u using those

Very disappointed in the mod bundling and broken converters. Kethane has always been a great mod, and the inspiration for many other mods but its no longer the only option. I wish this mod the best, and hopefully its working for everyone again soon. Im going to try out another certain mod :P

If you know how, you can build Kethane yourself from taniwha's Github repository with the converter fix. We can't share binaries and other things, but the license does allow you to build it yourself from these sources: https://github.com/taniwha-qf/Kethane/tree/GetConnectedResources

That's the patch taniwha submitted a pull request for to the main Kethane repository.

If you know how, you can build Kethane yourself from taniwha's Github repository with the converter fix. We can't share binaries and other things, but the license does allow you to build it yourself from these sources: https://github.com/taniwha-qf/Kethane/tree/GetConnectedResources

That's the patch taniwha submitted a pull request for to the main Kethane repository.

This.

Anyone complaining about the lack of an update, but can't be bothered to build it themself (takes about 5 seconds if you have VS installed, and about 10 minutes if you need to grab VS2013 Express) needs to be quiet.

This.

Anyone complaining about the lack of an update, but can't be bothered to build it themself (takes about 5 seconds if you have VS installed, and about 10 minutes if you need to grab VS2013 Express) needs to be quiet.

While I'm not complaining I will point out that if I knew how to compile it myself I'd certainly do so.

On the other hand, after a recent flap that I'll not name out of concern that it might rise from the dead, I can't say I blame Majiir if he'd decided to take a few weeks off.

This.

Believe it or not, not everyone is a programmer.

While I'm not complaining I will point out that if I knew how to compile it myself I'd certainly do so.

On the other hand, after a recent flap that I'll not name out of concern that it might rise from the dead, I can't say I blame Majiir if he'd decided to take a few weeks off.

Install this.

Find the 'download ZIP' link on the right side of this page.

Unzip that archive somewhere. Open up VS2013, File -> Open project. Navigate to where you extracted the archive you downloaded, and open the .sln file. Project -> Add Reference. Go to Browse, navigate to where you have KSP installed, go to KSP_Data (or KSP_x64_Data), and add UnityEngine.dll and Assembly-CSharp.dll as references (may need to hit 'browse' twice to accomplish this). Hit Ok. Right click 'Kethane' (probably the second item) on the right side of the screen under 'solution explorer', and select Build. After a few seconds, you should find a Kethane.dll at <path to extracted archive>/bin/debug/.

If you want to get fancy, go into CompatibilityChecker.cs, and change line 57 to look like this

const int compatibleRevision = 2;

Save, then build it again. That will stop the warning on startup.

*EDIT* Added needed info.

Seriously, thanks for this. Now, not only do I have a working version of Kethane, but now I also know this procedure for future releases of KSP. Plus, I have Kethane's code to look at and study to try and figure out how to mod things myself. Now I just need to figure out what I want to mod that hasn't already been modded.

Don't take this the wrong way guys, I mean this with every fluffy thought you can imagine, I really do.

But don't you dare take this procedure, update a mod to a new version of KSP without making actual compatibility changes, and then complain to the mod author that it doesn't work. This will work *in this specific case* because the code is already updated to take into account the changes introduced by the new game version, Majiir just hasn't had the opportunity to package up an official build.

You'll probably even get some more mileage out of this in the future, when new changes don't introduce big problems (or similar instances of git updated but no build), especially if you want to use it to learn some programming. But please, please, please remember that if you do this and it doesn't work, it is not the mod author's problem.

Edited by enneract

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.