Landing Legs Skipped Leg Day

Landed 2 crafts on Mun and 1 craft on Minmus all using the LT-1 “Wallaroo” landing legs in 4x symmetry. Every time I did, my craft would sink all the way down to its engines and start falling over. The most successful variation I had was the third mission (Minmus one), whereby I carefully placed the legs as high as I could and as much weight as possible on the bottom of the lander. It took a couple seconds to finally settle into a comfortable position, but upon initial landing it still LOOKED like it wanted to flop over. Am I missing something or are the legs just weak?

I guess I’m suggesting the devs take a closer look at how their compression behaves in general and try to stiffen them up a bit.

Edited by James M

6 hours ago, James M said:

Landed 2 crafts on Mun and 1 craft on Minmus all using the LT-1 “Wallaroo” landing legs in 4x symmetry. Every time I did, my craft would sink all the way down to its engines and start falling over. The most successful variation I had was the third mission (Minmus one), whereby I carefully placed the legs as high as I could and as much weight as possible on the bottom of the lander. It took a couple seconds to finally settle into a comfortable position, but upon initial landing it still LOOKED like it wanted to flop over. Am I missing something or are the legs just weak?

I guess I’m suggesting the devs take a closer look at how their compression behaves in general and try to stiffen them up a bit.

Did you try adjusting the spring and damper strength?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.