Switching to the Tracking Station from Vessel Retains Timewarp Restrictions

QuiescentRabbitt

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti | RAMDDR4 16GB 3200Mhz

Certain conditions in KSP impose timewarp restrictions on the active vessel such as being in low orbit of a celestial body. However, if you swap to the tracking station, these restrictions should be lifted so you can timewarp to a launch window for instance. This isn't the current behavior, instead the tracking station will retain the timewarp restrictions placed on the vessel. In order to get around this, you have to first go to KSC, and then to the tracking station, and only then will the timewarp restrictions be lifted. This is very troublesome as it introduces a significant loading time. I find myself having to constantly do this in gameplay.

Reproduction steps:
1. Set up a craft in a situation that imposes a timewarp restriction such as low Kerbin orbit
2. Hit ESC and select Tracking Station
3. Observe that you are unable to timewarp any faster than the vessel could due to it's timewarp restrictions.

Here is a screenshot showing the Tracking Station with restricted timewarp.

Included Attachments:

Restrictedwarp.PNG.1d162f464397782eb2d0d115d77afcd8.PNG

Edited by DibzNr
Changed title to better reflect nature of the bug

4 answers to this question

I remember seeing this one being reported a while back. Might have even been myself, can't recall.

But yes, it seems like there exists two different instances of the tracking station when it comes to Warp: Tracking Station from KSC and Tracking Station from in-flight. 

In-flight one is not just redundant, but useless if timewarp restrictions carry over from normal Map View, so hoping it's just a bug.

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

When I switched from Vessel to Tracking Station, time warp options remains the last vessels warp selection options that you managed. So I have to switch to another section like KSC and then switch back to Tracking Station to get all warp options. This is always happening whether I switched from mini menu on the bottom or options menu from left corner.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Go to Tracking Station and control one of your vessels that warp options restricted.

2. Switch back to the Tracking Station for full warp but you can see there are only last vessels warp options available.

Workaround:

3. Switch to the another section (like KSC etc.) get back to the Tracking Station for full warp options. Now you can select all the options available.

Included Attachments:

ScreenRecording2024-01-07at23_31_02.mov

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.