Help With Science

ABEEGTREE

I couldn't find another forum like this, so if there is one, send me to it. I need a way to get a specific amount of science without closing and opening the game. The Alt-F12 menu gives too much at once, and for save file editing (correct me if I'm wrong) you have to close the game and open it back up, a problem because I have a trashy old laptop, so the game takes ages to load. Maybe some kind of mod to do this, just not the Alt-F12 menu's +10/-10 or save file editing. Any ideas?

Edit: The problem is solved :D

Edited by ABEEGTREE
My problem was solved

For save file editing, you don't need to close and re-open the game.  You just need to re-load the save.

What I do in this instance:
Open persistent.sfs in a text editor.
Save it as persistent-edited.sfs (or something, just make a copy so your original is preserved in case it causes issues
Make your change and save it. 

In game, hit Esc and go to Load Game.  Your edited file will be in the list.  Load it.  If all worked as planned, next time it autosaves it will overwrite persistent.sfs.  So if you need longer testing, make an additional backup of the persistent.sfs file.

16 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

For save file editing, you don't need to close and re-open the game.  You just need to re-load the save.

What I do in this instance:
Open persistent.sfs in a text editor.
Save it as persistent-edited.sfs (or something, just make a copy so your original is preserved in case it causes issues
Make your change and save it. 

In game, hit Esc and go to Load Game.  Your edited file will be in the list.  Load it.  If all worked as planned, next time it autosaves it will overwrite persistent.sfs.  So if you need longer testing, make an additional backup of the persistent.sfs file.

Thank you so much, I wanted to do a save with a realistic tech tree, I was originally going to do career mode, but then I remembered I suck at career mode, so I'm doing something like KSP2's exploration mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.