Campaign Won't Save if Campaign Name Ends with a Period

oro

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows 10 | CPU: amd 2700x | GPU: 2070 | RAM32 gb 2933 mhz corsair

I can't save. Every time I create a save, I try to load it, and the save doesn't exist. This happens for both manual saves and quick saves with F5. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the problem persists.

EDIT 01/01/2024

Apparently this bug happens due to the presenc of a dot "." in the campaign name!!

Edited by oro
SOLUTION

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: i7-7700k | GPU: GTC 1080 | RAM32 GB

Saves do not work. I can press save, hear the save sound, but no save gets created for the game, the workspace or the vessel

Included Attachments:

I can save, I have another related problem.

I went to the moon, landed, took a sample, planted a flag, got all the achievements, saved the game. The way back didn't work the first time, so I loaded the save.
The game ignored the flag I planted and didn't give me the achievement. I tried to replant it, to take it out and replant it, reload, close the game and reopen.

I still wouldn't get the achievement.

I saw my agency flag in the first time but in all of the other times the flag didn't carry my agency logo. It showed the default KSP2 logo. I checked both sides.

I will try to revert to launch a see if anything changes.

Ohh yes, another bug: can't revert after loading.

Edited by Bonbon1948

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900k @ 3.6 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB | RAM15.87 GB

Severity: High                Frequency: Low

I tried to create a campaign with the name "SpaceWALL Corp." and everything seemed to run fine for the most part. I wasn't able to save workspaces or crafts, but I thought that was just an unrelated bug I would worry about later. After I saved & exited, I came back a day later to find that the save file did not show up in the menu. I navigated to the AppData/LocalLow/Intercept Games/Kerbal Space Program 2/Saves folder, and found that the folder for this campaign was shown, but I could not open it. I received a windows error:

Item Not Found
Could not find this item
This is no longer located in ....
Verify the item's location and try again.

I believe this is due to the fact that the folder name for the save is exactly the campaign name, and Windows throws a fit when you end folders with a period (and from my research that may also be the case for a space as well).  This bug meant that I could not delete any parent folder either with this folder in it without a workaround using WinRAR to archive & delete it.

Included Attachments:

Edited by The Space Peacock

Posted (edited)
On 12/30/2023 at 1:02 AM, The Space Peacock said:

does anyone running into this by chance have a campaign name that ends with a "." ? trying to figure out if this is related

I tried creating a new campaign today, and i can save now. The name of the previous campaign  contained a dot (.), so this is likely the cause of the problem.

Edited by oro