Science Trackers/Lists?

thames

I'm trying to keep an organized list of the science I've done and still have to do. Does anyone a way of keeping track, or at least a list of a possible locations so I can create a spreadsheet manually? If not, what are your ways of keeping track?

I would love if the Tracking Station had like a library of all the celestial bodies you explore. As you do Science the info for each planet/moon would fill in like a wiki page.

I can imagine having so much fun sending a probe to an outer planet, learning about the atmosphere or temperature or gravity or whatever and using that info to design more efficient future manned missions.

We obviously should be able to track which science we've already collected. It's already clearly marked in the json, there just needs to be a nice GUI in game to identify it for us.

There should also be a sort of checklist to identify what science we've collected from *known* biomes.

By default I don't think there should be a full list of potential science or biomes until some sort of scan is done to reveal that.

For example, if I know that Duna has a lowlands biome I should be able to identify what science I have and haven't completed there. However if I don't have any experience with a Duna polar biome (I, right now, don't actually know the Duna biomes since I haven't done a polar orbiter) then I shouldn't know if it exists until I've collected science from it or done some sort or orbital survey in a scansat type way.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:57 PM, thames said:

I'm trying to keep an organized list of the science I've done and still have to do. Does anyone a way of keeping track, or at least a list of a possible locations so I can create a spreadsheet manually? If not, what are your ways of keeping track?

On 1/2/2024 at 11:23 PM, Pthigrivi said:

This is just an incomplete feature of the game. We should definitely be able to track visually and easily where we’ve been and where we still need to explore .

Hence my recommendation for a science-related Kerbilopedia. 

It really would be great to have a resource of not only the science collected but also a 'lessons learned' / expanding knowledge base about what the Kerbals are discovering about the system (s) and biomes. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.