2.5x Kerbolar System [v0.3.0 for KSP2]

16 hours ago, Parvonse said:

One issue I can't fix in this mod is that I can't timewarp or return to KSC until the craft is over 170km but the atmospheric effects stop at 85km, i.e. vacuum starts at 85 km. I've tried to mix around in the mod files but alas I am to stupid to figure it out. It would be nice if atmospheres didn't reach far out into space, that is one of the things I love about KSP 1 rescale mods, you really feel the size of kerbin thanks to being able to orbit so close relative to it's size. If I need a 200 km orbit then it doesn't really feel as big anymore :(

I hope this issue can be adressed, the mod is otherwise fantastic :)

I suspect that the atmospheric height has also been multiplied by a factor of 2.5 giving space - atmosphere boundary of 173KM.

Is 85KM definitely a vacuum, i.e there is no drag slowing and object or is it just thin atmosphere?

1 hour ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

I suspect that the atmospheric height has also been multiplied by a factor of 2.5 giving space - atmosphere boundary of 173KM.

Is 85KM definitely a vacuum, i.e there is no drag slowing and object or is it just thin atmosphere?

I have tested it extensively and there is a clear barrier at 85 km. I can have a stable orbit just above 85 km but as soon as I dip down under it then the drag kicks in and PE and AP starts dropping.

I decided to tinker around with the patch file to see if I could fix the time warp bug. I changed "$rescale-factor" to "$atmo-rescale-factor" on line 107 of the rescale.patch file and that seems to have done it. For clarity, the full line should look like this:

atmosphereDepth: $value * $atmo-rescale-factor if $value != null else null;

Then from the main menu in-game go to Settings >  Mods > Patch Manager > Always Invalidate Cache
Restart the game at least once while this is set to Yes.

On 2/9/2024 at 12:04 AM, Jamac said:

I decided to tinker around with the patch file to see if I could fix the time warp bug. I changed "$rescale-factor" to "$atmo-rescale-factor" on line 107 of the rescale.patch file and that seems to have done it. For clarity, the full line should look like this:

atmosphereDepth: $value * $atmo-rescale-factor if $value != null else null;

Then from the main menu in-game go to Settings >  Mods > Patch Manager > Always Invalidate Cache
Restart the game at least once while this is set to Yes.

You are incredible! It works :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally; I've been waiting for a 2.5x rescale since KSP2 was released.

I just started a new Exploration save with this mod.  The boat launch at KSC is unusable, as it's now a couple hundred meters inland, but I wasn't planning to use the boat launch anyway.  Slightly more annoying is that there's now a hill cutting across both runways.  I'm going to keep using it because 99% of what I do is rockets, but I'd definitely suggest seeing if you can do anything about that.

[EDIT]

I feel like this inadvertently screws with the gravity.  My first attempt at an orbital rocket doesn't have enough thrust to leave the pad, despite the stage info window showing a TWR of like 1.6.  Very frustrating.

Edited by Silvia Dragoness