Negative time warp!

4 minutes ago, Sp1f said:

Let us slow down or even (dare I say it?) reverse time. For those awesome stunts that just needed a little tweak to pull off.:happy:

I agree with being able to slow down time, but reversing time would require the game to record the state of everything on every frame which isn't viable. Plus we already have quicksaves.

• 3 weeks later...

Reversing time with a physics based game sounds terribly hard to pull off (if they are using a physics lib it likely does not do that, so you have to write your own solution from scratch - assuming you have devs specialized in physics), plus there would be no end to the bugs caused (like going back and forth not having quite the same effect each time). 

Alternatively the game could store state and basically undo it when warp is negative which would require making space to store it (i.e. taking away memory, which is currently used for smooth "forward" gameplay) or drive space (or both). 

To see for yourself get any 3D package, like Blender, and look into physics simulation rendering/baking.

Edited by DailyFrankPeter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.