Some 'Toggle' Action Groups do not work

djr5899

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 22H2 | CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX 2.10 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 | RAM16GB

When attempting to use Toggle action within Custom Action Groups, many Toggle actions fail to work.  What has been noticed when Part Manager is opened, when pressing the appropriate Custom Action Group Hotkey, you can see the the action "flash," and the part Status gets stuck on "Working."  If I manually extend/retract/deactivate engine, it will go to the correct state until you try to change the state with one of the broken custom actions.

This was initially discovered in a modded installation, however, mods were disabled and the issue still persists.  Below is a quick list of what I have tested so far:

Working:

• Wheesley engine - Cycle mode works
  • Panther engine - Cycle mode works
  • HG-5 antenna - Toggle Antenna works
  • DTS-M1 antenna - Toggle Antenna works

Not-working

• Wheesley engine - Toggle Engine does not work
  • Panther engine - Toggle Engine does not work
  • SP-4L solar panel - Toggle Panels does not work
  • LT-1 Walleroo landing leg - Toggle Leg does not work

I have also seen the landing legs "flip out" occasionally when not working.  They will spring open and partially be extended, but the animation and drawing of them is not correct.  The lower strut portion will be standing straight up and not connected to the upper strut portion.  

I have also seen the solar panels become frozen, where they are no longer able to be extended or retracted, even when manually going to the part and not using the action group hotkey.

Attached video shows part manager, a craft that was created to show different parts having the issue, and then shows me attempting to press hotkey 4 to toggle the landing legs.  You can see the Status hang on working, and you can see the "Leg Extended" field briefly flash like it is trying to change it from off to on (or on to off).  In this video, you can see the landing legs glitching as well as described above as "flipping out."

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram22023-12-3114-45-35.mp4

Edited by Spicat

6 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows 11 | CPU: ryzen 5600x | GPU: rtx 3080 | RAM3200mhz 32gb

Pretty self explanatory, create a custom action group, set the action to "Toggle RCS" for a specific thruster, and it won't do anything. Using the "Disable" action works though.

Included Attachments:

@Ghosty141 Split your report back into its own post, also can confirm that this is an issue that affects all three of the RCS thrusters, the toggle option in the thruster's PAM menu seems to "react" to the action group button being pressed by blinking white, but it does not actually toggle.

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: All I am using is a custom flag mod. | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Operating System | CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti | RAM32GB

The toggle function for action groups does not work for solar panels or antennas. I have not tested the toggle function on any other parts but I've tested it enough on solar panels and antennas to figure out that the toggle function doesn't work. By hitting the action group button, you will set the status on the part to moving but the part will not actually deploy. The moving status will then stay as moving for eternity. you can time warp at any speed and the the solar panels will continue to have a moving status and will not deploy unless done manually via your mouse. For the record, the extend and retract action groups do work but the toggle action group does not. 

In the recording bellow I have a video where I set custom action group 1 to extend the solar panels, action group 2 to retract the solar panels, and action group 3 to toggle the solar panels.  After establishing orbit so that it is easier for you to see, I pressed 1 and my panels extended, pressed 2 and my panels retracted, then pressed 3 and nothing happened. Every time in the video that you saw the blue tab that you would click to extend/retract the panels flip to green for a split second,(as if I were clicking it) I had been in real time pressing 3 for toggle.

This is probably a more minor bug but it will be difficult for people to create complex crafts in the long run if the issue persists. Also keep in mind that I'm sure plenty of people have been begging for robot parts from ksp1 to be added to ksp2 and having the toggle function not work could be detrimental to builds that use robotic parts because of how many buttons massive robotic part projects can use. Also for anything thing that people prefer to toggle, they are now forced to use 2 key binds so if there are a total of 10 custom key binds but 5 different parts need to be extended and retracted separately then all 10 key binds will be used up on 5 parts when it could've been 5 keys for 5 parts.

Included Attachments:

2024-02-1317-19-08.mkv

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (16 CPUs), ~2.9GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | RAM49152MB RAM

When you assign an action group number to toggle the control surface deploy, the deploy flickers but stays off.  If you instead set one action number to deploy and another to retract, the features work perfectly.

It appears there is something wrong with the toggle deploy function.

Included Attachments: