Kerbal Space Program 2 Save Editor

That's great to hear!

I've developed an application that allows you to edit save files for Kerbal Space Program 2, enabling you to refill the fuel for vehicles

[MOD - Download link removed due to missing licence - sumghai]

Edited by sumghai
Linked removed pending licence

4 minutes ago, Wetapunga said:

This looks like a bot trying to get you to click a malware link to me, unless the OP feels like replying and clarifying.... id advise not touching this

It's just a link to a GitHub repository, how could that be malware? And, you can easily see from the source code that the application does what is advertised here.

Edited by munix

1 hour ago, munix said:

It's just a link to a GitHub repository, how could that be malware? And, you can easily see from the source code that the application does what is advertised here.

That said, the post does look quite sus, is in the wrong forum area, and contains nothing required to post a mod.

5 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

That said, the post does look quite sus, is in the wrong forum area, and contains nothing required to post a mod.

To be fair, it's not a mod/addon. It's a standalone application, so addon posting rules don't apply to it, similarly to how they wouldn't apply to something like SpaceDock or CKAN.

Edited by munix

1 minute ago, munix said:

To be fair, it's not a mod. It's a standalone application, so those rules don't apply to it, similarly to how they wouldn't apply to something like SpaceDock or CKAN.

Spacedock I understand, but frankly I'm surprised they don't apply to CKAN.

2 hours ago, sumghai said:

@Ebubekir, I've removed the download link, as you have not yet provided a licence for the application. Please refer to my PM for details.

Is there any rule on the forums regarding having to specify licenses of any other software than mods which this is not? And if so, then for example this thread also breaks it: 

Just curious about the apparent ambiguity of the rules and their enforcement.

Spoiler

From Add-On Posting Rules (kerbalspaceprogram.com): Add-on. Original or derivative work intended to expand another work by adding or replacing files.

This software doesn't meet that criteria as it does not expand another work (e.g. the game), it is completely standalone and as such can be run by anyone without requiring them to own a copy of the game.

Edited by munix

1 hour ago, munix said:

Is there any rule on the forums regarding having to specify licenses of any other software than mods which this is not? And if so, then for example this thread also breaks it: 

Just curious about the apparent ambiguity of the rules and their enforcement.

Reveal hidden contents

From Add-On Posting Rules (kerbalspaceprogram.com): Add-on. Original or derivative work intended to expand another work by adding or replacing files.

This software doesn't meet that criteria as it does not expand another work (e.g. the game), it is completely standalone and as such can be run by anyone without requiring them to own a copy of the game.

I don't think there is any ambiguity regarding the rules. At best about enforcement

10. Application of the add-on rules

With the exception of the 6.1, these rules equally apply to any stand-alone applications made available on the services maintained by Squad / Intercept Games / Private Division that serve the KSP Community.

1 hour ago, munix said:

Is there any rule on the forums regarding having to specify licenses of any other software than mods which this is not? And if so, then for example this thread also breaks it

As per the official Add-On Posting Rules, the rules apply equally to both add-ons/mods for the game itself and standalone applications such as this save editor. As long as it is posted or otherwise made available via official services managed by Squad, Private Division, Intercept Games and Take-Two Interactive, these rules apply.

Official tools and software developed and provided by Squad, Private Division, Intercept Games and Take-Two Interactive are exempt from the add-on posting rules, due to their official status.

2 hours ago, Kerbart said:

I don't think there is any ambiguity regarding the rules. At best about enforcement

2 hours ago, sumghai said:

As per the official Add-On Posting Rules, the rules apply equally to both add-ons/mods for the game itself and standalone applications such as this save editor. As long as it is posted or otherwise made available via official services managed by Squad, Private Division, Intercept Games and Take-Two Interactive, these rules apply.

Official tools and software developed and provided by Squad, Private Division, Intercept Games and Take-Two Interactive are exempt from the add-on posting rules, due to their official status.

Thanks for clearing it up, I must have missed that section :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.