[PLUGIN, PARTS, 0.17] Gravity Canceller v1.1.1

mustwinfull

Since Tosh decided to leave his projects and he said that someone could pick any of them up, so here I am.

The first update isn't that amazing, but I needed to do it for a minor inconvenience I found and once I get those much needed suggestions, I will work on them.

I have a few ideas on what to add into the plugin, but I need to ask for feedback from you, what do you want in this plugin as I can't really think of what to add, you can guide it along.

-----

Gravity Canceller

Ever dreamed of escaping the clutches of Gravity? Well, look no further.

undku.png

This plugin essentially cancels out gravity, this was originally made by Tosh and credit goes to him for that. By pressing "Y" you can cancel out your ships weight and by pressing "B" you can stop all that pesky vertical movement.

Please submit all your bugs to me in this thread here and I will update you on the status of fixing them.

Download: Here

Mirror: http://www./?o2by2e2s6434uei

The source code is included inside.

• Not more than one Gravitsapa per vessel!
  • The vessel does not follow a nice elliptical trajectory drawn in map view when it's in gravity canceling mode. It travels a straight line which KSP is currently unable to display.
  • You cannot enter time warp when the gravity cancellation is on.
  • Crafts being under gravity compensation are not saved! Make sure Gravitsapa is off before closing the game!

1.1.1 [16th September 2012]:

• Changed default hotkey from "V" to "Y" as pressing "V" also makes the camera view change at the same time.

• Add a UI for changing key bindings to the ones you want. -0%
  • Add a animation of the rings spinning like the machine in Contact. -0%
  • Add a horizontal movement canceller. -0%

-----

64px-Cc-by_new.svg.png64px-Cc-sa.svg.png

Creative Commons license:

Feel free to distribute and modify, as long as

(a) you reference an original author, and

(B) all derivative works have the same license applied.

Edited by mustwinfull

Can you make the rings inside spin like the machine in Contact?

I can try but I'm not that good at modelling and animations so maybe it's time to learn.

I'm more of a coder really, but that doesn't stop me from attempting it, I will let you know the results.

I have something important to do tommorow, so production will continue on Thursday.

Edited by mustwinfull

I like it! However, I have a suggestion: A button to cancel out horizontal movement. You know, for those times when you just want to drop down from space, land easily or so.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the suggestion, I will start working on these ideas on Thursday as I'm busy today.

thanks for updating, pity that Tosh abandoned this.... Nice to know that its still alive!

Your Welcome, I like helping other people out and adding new features.

• 2 years later...
Will this ever be updated to current/does it still work?

For the most part, this mod is no longer necessary.

You can cancel the gravity through the cheats subsection of the debug window (alt-F12). For more controlled levitation, there are parts in the Kerbal Foundries mod pack that do that.