Should I get KSP 1 or KSP 2?

originL

In about a week or so I'll be able to build my new pc and I'm don't know which game I want to play for the first time as I've been wanting to play ksp since I first heard about it.

But I'm stuck in a pickle cause I want to get KSP 1 for the mod support but I also want KSP 2 for the procedural system generation and interstellar travel. Of course I don't know if my pc will run it (Raedon 6700xt and Ryen 5 5600) some say it will be between 45-50 fps but maybe my ram will help? (Btw I've never built a pc and still don't know how well ram handles games, in this case a zenith ddr4 3200 32gb)

And no I can't get both sadly cause i don't have the money to and I still want leftover money to get Jurassic World Evolution 2. Sorry if I worded this weird or sounds stupid I'm still tired  as hell.

Welcome to the forum!

If you're new to KSP then definitely get KSP1 and consider the DLCs (Making History and Breaking Ground) which ought to be considered 'standard' (e.g. you download craft from KerbalX.com).

Reasons are:

1. you'll play the pure game with the best experience (least aggravation from the raft of ground-zero KSP2 bugs, limitations, updates etc).
  2. KSP 1 has the depth to keep you busy for years.  (By then, KSP 2 might be ready for prime time.)
  3. (In case you ever become ready to dump Windows and switch to Linux...  :) )
Edited by Hotel26

5 hours ago, N_Danger said:

I say go for KSP 1 . KSP 2 is an early access game and is not feature complete. I do not think they developed  the interstellar part yet.

Damn, makes sense though Ima go ahead and buy KSP 1 thank yall