Huge Rocket for Eve & Gilly "Genesis"

Download the build here: https://kspbuilds.com/build/Huge-Rocket-for-Eve-and-Gilly---Genesis

Parts: 946

Tons: 21k

It has two rovers, one for Gilly and another for Eve. You could go to any planet if you wish, however you will need a return ship for Eve.

Video below if you want to see how it looks/works.

YjXGnAE.png

VIG8Fal.png

rUznu2d.png

uoG8h1J.png

Zs5oYss.png

fNPpFy3.png

mXaKX7T.png

IudHaIr.png

Edited by Heretic391
Fixed broken build link.

How early did you launch for Eve? its look very low tech outside the space shuttle engines on the lander.
I launched for Eve at day 9, granted I farmed the Mun hard with up to 3 landers in action at once and a 4 day trajectory to Minmus on another lander, sent after first mun landing return.  
After the Minmus monument I had the small nuclear engine, rovers and the sampling arm, the sniffer and just managed to get the medium fairings. 
And I sent 2 Eve lander and a Gilly lander. 
Luckily Bill sneaked onto one of the seats so he got to explore Gilly before the manned ship arrived. 

I should have sent 6 probe rovers and a atmospheric sampling probe, I did send an manned mission and the landers had an rover seat for picking up the collected science. I would have that in the atmospheric probe instead. Still I got 600 transmitted science from 4 biomes and 2200 from 2 landings and the manned ship has over 10 K science. 
I could gone out and hunted discoverables on Eve, 

Ok you did go to Dress first, get it. 
And looks like struts are better than landing legs like in KSP1. 

Edited by magnemoe

9 hours ago, magnemoe said:

How early did you launch for Eve? its look very low tech outside the space shuttle engines on the lander.

It was the second ever launch in Explorstion mode so it was lacking a few parts. Nuclear is great. I think you could do with just 2 probes for eve. One to the Olympus area and another for impact sites. They are very far apart however near Olympic you can unlock all the science. Just needs a good rover.

Wait we can use struts for landing legs?

2 hours ago, Heretic391 said:

It was the second ever launch in Explorstion mode so it was lacking a few parts. Nuclear is great. I think you could do with just 2 probes for eve. One to the Olympus area and another for impact sites. They are very far apart however near Olympic you can unlock all the science. Just needs a good rover.

Wait we can use struts for landing legs?

Yes the impact site I found who was not water was an small island. Landed the other at foothills. Later learned that ocean and shallow are also land biomes and be quite some distance from an mountain. 

And yes they works great, Only problem is no dampening so an hard impact is more likely to harm the ship. One idea might be to use legs to soften the landing and then raise them so lander rest on struts.