Although I think the UI in Ksp 2 has great potential, with its art style and revised components(in comparison to Ksp 1), it suffers from being difficult to use and as a functional downgrade from its legacy counterpart. I understand some elements of the maneuver node are forthcoming  such as the precise maneuver tool featured in the first game, but it is still incredibly difficult to carry out a long form mission with the current tool. The hud element displayed after creating a maneuver node, although charming in design, lacks information that was present in the first game---This should not be the case. Interacting with the map in Ksp 2 is in a word, frustrating, as trying to click on what you wish is hard. Interacting with your conic line in another sphere of influence is not an option which whether a bug or not should be altered. One specific frustration when interacting with the map is the various iconography that can appear such as: Ap and Pe markers, An Dn nodes, names of bodies/ships, etc. It simply never works as a fluid and cohesive experience. That's not to say these icons don't look good but rather it is difficult when they are not where they are supposed to be (literally appearing separate from my orbit line) or unrequested(I had the ap and pe indicators show up for a ship I wasn't controlling. If you click on a body its name will pin; I don't think this should be a feature. There have been countless times where I've accidentally clicked on a body and its nametag has cluttered my screen. There are just a lot of UI quirks and bugs and the UI needs to be revised functionally. My final point of feedback is the parts manager. As much as I think I understand its intent, it is just inferior to the system found in Ksp 1. The parts manager is, for whatever reason, slow and clunky and I would feel much better with individual tabs for parts I pick. One possible solution would be to have tabs more similar to the ones in Ksp 1 but have it additionally offer other parts in the same category in drop down menus like the current parts manager. I feel like the parts manager created more issues than solutions as it necessitates the kerbal manager and the resource manager which are just bulk. The resource manager is actually a great concept and it should absolutely remain in the game but I wonder if it could be integrated into the parts manager system or whatever it becomes. I went down this rabbit hole of thought become I had fuel tanks I needed to monitor the fuel level of and I went to the parts manager which had no information. Why have parts that offer no information or options in the parts manager? I want apologize if any of these seems harsh. None of my criticism is directed at the dev team, whom I know are absolutely passionate about this project. I think this project is a behemoth of an undertaking and I admire all of the hard work done so far. I look forward to the future of Ksp 2 because I know it's bright. Thank you to whoever read this!!!

Edited by DibzNr

The parts manager definitely needs some attention.

I wish there were filters or a way to toggle what actually appears within it.
I with that the command module was a drop down from the resource manager.

Perhaps there are ways to tie various parts to other UI?

Collapsed Resource manager Shows how it is currently --- Expanded is all the parts associated with Resource
A Command Window that has Command Module / Probe, Science and Comms

Often i build Action Groups for various functions, but sometimes i want to tweak wing authority /  wheel mechanics and wonder why its grouped in with a bunch of parts that are just there.

Perhaps condense all fuel tanks of a type into [partname#1]x10 & only separate those that have tweakable features? You could even link this with associated symmetry [partname#2]x6 
If you break the symmetry in the staging then it would separate the  parts manager associations.  [partname#2] 2 & [parname#3]x4

The maneuver controller is beyond frustrating.

I have a friend that loves this game but is afraid of learning how to install mods, worried he will brick saves or mess up the game somehow. He stopped playing until i came over and showed him how to install Manuever Node Controller.
He refused K2D2 & will not use flight plan, but has again started playing because of the added finite control MNC offers. 

The way the node icons are often hidden by planets or ships is beyond annoying. This is something many people have said many times... maybe if a consolidated threads gets enough separate  people asking... maybe it will work.

I think its easier for someone new to the forum to spot this post and chime in than know to navigate to the proper area in a bug report they need to upvote.