Heres A Flag I Made

Satsugua

Hello everyone! I've recently been working on a flag for my space agency! (International Kerbal Astronomical Society) here it is! If you have any tips on how to make it better please tell me!IKAS.png

Edited by Satsugua

That looks good.

A hint for designing KSP flags is to first design them at an 8:5 ratio then stretch them to 512 x 256 for use in game. That way any circular features on the flag won't get distorted by the slightly weird way that KSP handles displaying flags.

Will that circular text be readable when the flag size gets reduced to fit on a rocket? I don't know exactly how you plan to use the flag, but it looks like the text will be too small if that flag wraps a 2.5m fuel tank.

The "top" of some letters is outside the white circle.  Shift the text inwards or make the white circle background wider to fit the text.

I personally don't care for the look of that font but it might be the fault of the curved text. It might look better as bold text, or an alternate font that's darker, or maybe keep the font and widen the circle so it's not such a tight radius.

15 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

Will that circular text be readable when the flag size gets reduced to fit on a rocket? I don't know exactly how you plan to use the flag, but it looks like the text will be too small if that flag wraps a 2.5m fuel tank.

The "top" of some letters is outside the white circle.  Shift the text inwards or make the white circle background wider to fit the text.

I personally don't care for the look of that font but it might be the fault of the curved text. It might look better as bold text, or an alternate font that's darker, or maybe keep the font and widen the circle so it's not such a tight radius.

Alright i will do that! i will post all my changes here. :)

40 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

That looks good.

A hint for designing KSP flags is to first design them at an 8:5 ratio then stretch them to 512 x 256 for use in game. That way any circular features on the flag won't get distorted by the slightly weird way that KSP handles displaying flags.

Thanks!

If you want ideas, here is what my limited graphics design skills came up with for my game.  There are a couple decent free fonts sites around, where you can get some great ideas as well. Shoot me a message if you want my go-to.

QrlSSVY.png