Posted (edited)

I play Ace Combat multiplayer, and one thing I can't stand are those stupid ADF-11F Ravens that always have the "Airman" nickname and the default emblem, implying they are new players, come in and do nothing but spam UAVs the whole match. You thought QAAMs were bad? Well, what about a missile that actively tracks you but also doesn't even require you to get behind your target? And it doesn't even need to be unlocked, just buy the Raven DLC! It's terrible! I'm trying to do my MP honestly, with a non-DLC aircraft (be real, those things are "slightly" unbalanced compared to normal aircraft) and standard MSL for my main kills, and it's pretty frustrated to have to get killed and waste my flares on skill-less newbies.

It's not just UAVs either. Some SP Weapons (especially ones that only come with DLC) are just completely unbalanced and overpowered. Some take skill to use, like TLS, and QAAMs did get nerfed. But then there's those Rafales, Eurofighters, and F/A-18 TGM users that get a truckload of HCAAs. They're waaaayyyyy too OP for someone to get 60 of them at a time, and I know that, because I admittedly used to be one of them. You can even see me say that in one of my earlier posts. I use F/A-18F with EML now, which I love a lot. Anyway, a few other plane/SPWs on my hate list include the following.

ASF-X Shinden II: Seriously, I feel like when I get a perfect shot on these things, they somehow do a Kulbit or some crazy Belkan witchcraft and evade missiles when I fire them like 200m from them while they're at low speed. Also, not to mention that they ALWAYS (I mean always) spam:

6AAM: Since when did 6AAM literally get the QAAM's homing abilities? I get killed by these things all the time, and they're insanely hard to evade when I've gone against them. Even if you pop flares and the missile alert disappears, I always still get hit by them. Like. How? They usually get fired from Su-35s, so I kind of hate the Su-35 by association.

SASM: Do I need to explain? (It's the missile that explodes if it gets close to the target and doesn't need to hit, meaning even if you evade them and they lose tracking and don't even appear as a missile alert they will explode and deal you a fair amount of damage.)

QAAM: I know, the most basic of all opinions. But that doesn't change the fact that QAAMs are still extremely powerful when given the right upgrade parts.

Eurofighter Typhoon: They get the HCAAs. They only fire HCAAs the whole game.

IEWS: It prevents you from getting a lock and also makes the IEWS user's missiles super overpowered. People who spam this are extremely annoying, especially on Team Deathmatch.

Darkstar: It's so fast its usually impossible to catch it unless you brought HVAAs, and it comes with a PLSL instead of a gun, so it ruins No SP Weapon matches. It also comes with SASM. Not to mention every Darkstar player I've ever seen does nothing but zoom around all game just spamming SASM and PLSL. Project Aces really added this to the game and said, "have fun in multiplayer for the next three years".

*Any player who holds the gun trigger down the whole game*: The Gun is probably the most skilled way to shoot down another player, but holding down the trigger is just a really cheap move. Even if it's ineffective it still shows what kind of a player that person is.

Well, that's my rant about unbalanced SP weapons. Then again, it's online gaming, and people will always do what they can to win, no matter how cheap. And I can always point-blank them in the cockpit with my EML. What's your opinion on SP Weapons and DLC aircraft?

Edited by TwoCalories
[NEW PAGE]

• 3 weeks later...

This happened a while ago, but one time I was playing Ace Combat 7's MP. I kept getting caught in IEWS zones and there were like three CFA-44 Nosferatus flying around, so I assumed it was them and kept sniping them with my EML. But then I got shot down by an F-2A SK and I realized it was the one using IEWS all along and I felt really bad about the CFA-44s I kept shooting down.

...And then I shot down a 6AAM spamming Su-35, who turned out was the host and I was kicked as soon as the game ended. :')

I got Ace Combat 7 on the PS5* last year, and I managed to complete all 20 levels in only 2 days; some levels I didn't get shot down or fail once. I remember my brother and I taking turns playing "Danger Zone" on our phones in the background - we also tried the Blazing Angels theme song, but it didn't really fit - and I was so excited to get iconic American planes. For example, the A-10 came in real handy in levels involving a lot of ground units. Eventually, I completed the final level in an F-35.

• Technically, it's my brother's PS5. He asked me if I wanted him to get a new game before I visited for the Fourth of July weekend, and I suggested Ace Combat 7. After that, the only other time I played that game was when I came over for Christmas months later.

Speaking of Blazing Angels, I am so glad I played that a lot since getting it on the Wii as a pre-teen. All those painstaking hours and crashes going through the Norwegian fjords in "Top Secret" paid off when it came to Ace Combat 7 levels such as Operation: Lighthouse Keeper (fourth mission) or Operation: Werewolf (fourteenth mission). I was semi-used to flying in trenches on a regular basis - I think I can still complete that Blazing Angels level in a Tempest without any problems if our old Wii still works - so those levels in Ace Combat were a snap. Getting used to the PS5 controls was a bit of an issue, though, as that was my first time using one and I do not have my own.

So, to all those who think that the canyon in Cape Rainy is hard, I dare you to try the Norwegian fjords in 1944 - and while you have a time limit AND Messerschmitt Bf 110 tailgunners shooting at you for two of the runs.

I updated the thread to be an Ace Combat/Project Wingman thread. AC and Project Wingman come hand in hand nowadays anyway, so I thought it'd be good to let you guys talk about Project Wingman as well.

• 5 weeks later...