A digression about Factorio.

Bej Kerman

I introduced a friend to Factorio. At first he was hesitant, but I managed to convince him to give it a go. So I set up a multiplayer game to give him a crash course and we start with "See that big rock over there? Go punch it some. Got some rocks and coal? Cool. We'll need some more.  See this blue stuff? That iron. Hold your mouse button on it until you collect some. Got some? Yeah, me too. Let's not do much more of that and make a machine do it for us. Open the inventory and put this thing here. That's a mine. Put some coal in the little box and see... it's doing its thing. Place another one on that black patch, we'll need coal."

So, he's fumbling with that while I collect a bit more of the resources and start placing about three or four more mines on the iron patch when he asks me why am I placing so many iron mines when we already have like two.

Dude now has like 3000 hours in the game.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, TablesRUs said:

Factorio

Thank you.  I'm in.

Spoiler

Now.  If Wube would buy the KSP1 source code...  :purpleheart:  What a marriage that would be!  :purpleheart:

Edited by Hotel26

On 5/9/2024 at 7:59 PM, Superfluous J said:

If you like Shapez.io I cannot imagine you not LOVING Factorio.

Sweeeeeeeeeet.

My only suggestion (that you probably learned from Shapez): However much room you think you need for something: Double it. Then add a little buffer.

Speaking of Shapez.io; Shapez 2 is available now and is a pretty interesting evolution.

On 5/10/2024 at 4:41 AM, Skorj said:

Just ... be careful  This could happen to you.  I can only hope I fell asleep at some point during that 100% achievement run.

bjcVJTE.jpg

Good god man; there are only 336 total hours in two weeks... You would have only slept 6 hours a night and spent every waking hour in game.

I guess thats one hell of a way to spend a two week vacation :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...