Exiting the game and reopening can cause saves to not appear in the menu

Anonymous Bug Reporter

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.4412 | CPU: Intel Core i3 10100f | GPU: Intel Arc A770 16GB Limited Edition | RAM16GB 2667MHz generic DDR4

Creating a save in either mode and then leaving and reopening the game will causes saves to disappear - by disappear, I mean that opening the single player tab will show all your games except the last one played on which will still show the rectangle where all the information typically is but it will be empty. Then attempting to select one of your previous games will cause that save to just disappear. Navigating to the save folder shows that it is still there, but KSP2 will not show it to me. This is not a new bug as of the current version, but I am not sure as to which version I first encountered it. Please note: in the attached screenshots, the one a sandbox campaign called 'default' comes chronologically first. The second screenshot was the immediate result of clicking onto the empty rectangle.

Included Attachments:

Screenshot2024-06-11225322.png.e4fc1c51a9b2265bbe55d52337d86cf1.png

Screenshot2024-06-11225337.png.802616d333bf85c7e77170c8b133b72f.png

Edited by The Space Peacock

1 answer to this question

In my case, campaign and saves were corrupt by a lack of free space. I recovered my VM with good but older saves from a backup. There is no obvious way to simply use an existing good save file from the campaign folder to continue the game. The whole campaign after such corruption is not shown at all, no matter how many good save files are inside.