JNSQVolumetrics | v3.0.1 - Final Approach

rbeap

12 hours ago, atomontage said:

@rbeap I would definitely recommend forming releases on GitHub as it is the main source for the mod development (as I see it anyway). But in the end its for you to decide how to distribute your mod (thanks for your work btw!).

However, I would not suggest to download a repository from GitHub. It is a repository, not a release. It may be unstable and stuff that breaks something can (and often will) be committed there - its normal for development.
Perhaps you might want to remove the GitHub link from the downloads section in the OP then?

Oh and volumetrics seem to gradually disappear from 110km to completely invisible at 130km (not scaled space altitude yet).  I could provide screenshots but I think its reproduced very easily: just teleport to LKO at like 110km then zoom out with your camera - you'll see it. Or perhaps you already know about this.
Anyways, again, thanks for your work!

You're right! Thank you. I will put releases on git as well.

yeah i'm aware of that issue,  i don't exactly know what causes it tho

i was testing some stuff while making v2.3 and couldn't figure out the cause.

2 hours ago, overhereLOVINcats said:

holy moly dude, just decided to test the new version rq and WOW :o runs and looks better than the stock config lol. (looks better is a understatement, this is the prettiest volumetric clouds config ive used) KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!! <333

Thank you!

1 hour ago, TaintedLion said:

i don't know if this is the mod that's causing it but oceans disappear up to a certain height, you can still see the seabed

I haven't seen this issue yet, could you post some screenshots?

3 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

i don't know if this is the mod that's causing it but oceans disappear up to a certain height, you can still see the seabed

AFAIR, it was an issue before. It seems to be fixed in the latest versions.
(Speaking of both latest volumetrics including Scatterer AND this config.)

Hey @rbeap, im enjoying your work so far! Quick one: did the new version modify the background somehow? It seems more bright, stock-ish and i want to change it, also the sunflare but thats in changelog at least. How can i change them back?

7 minutes ago, Ariel Kerman said:

Hey @rbeap, im enjoying your work so far! Quick one: did the new version modify the background somehow? It seems more bright, stock-ish and i want to change it, also the sunflare but thats in changelog at least. How can i change them back?

i don't exactly know what you mean, could you clarify? what background? the skybox? 

21 hours ago, rbeap said:

i haven't touched the skybox at all, no idea why it's different for you

Yep i deduced that by examinating your files, looks like i accidentaly deleted DOE mod while updating JNSQVolumetrics. Distant Object Enhancement provide auto-exposure in flight, and thats the reason behind the skybox being much more brighter. Also seems like i succesfully learned how to change lens elements from scatterer without MM giving me alerts :)

On 8/9/2024 at 3:07 PM, rbeap said:

I haven't seen this issue yet, could you post some screenshots?

On 8/9/2024 at 4:59 PM, atomontage said:

AFAIR, it was an issue before. It seems to be fixed in the latest versions.

Definitely not fixed.

It's fine up until about 70km where the ocean disappears, then at about 140km it comes back.

https://imgur.com/a/pUuOQbl

Edited by TaintedLion

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

Definitely not fixed.

It's fine up until about 70km where the ocean disappears, then at about 140km it comes back.

https://imgur.com/a/pUuOQbl

yeah i think somethings wrong with ocean configs, im looking into it

a similar thing happens with the clouds as well, they disappear and come back and i have no idea why

Edited by rbeap

Should I bring back Nara's clouds?

You can certainly give it clouds if you want to, but I want to explain why the JNSQ design team didn't give it clouds.  It's just too cold to have clouds.  Anything that would form clouds has frozen out of the atmosphere.  The only thing left is hydrogen and helium.

26 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

You can certainly give it clouds if you want to, but I want to explain why the JNSQ design team didn't give it clouds.  It's just too cold to have clouds.  Anything that would form clouds has frozen out of the atmosphere.  The only thing left is hydrogen and helium.

makes sense. thank you!

10 hours ago, OhioBob said:

As one of the two dudes who said NOP to Nara's clouds, i cant actually be more agree with this. JNSQ was made aiming to certain realism elements, i know is a game about space frogs, but keeping the original realistic essence of the mod is always a good thing...

Edited by Ariel Kerman

Hi @rbeap Thanks for all the work on this - looks stunning.

I had the problem you mentioned with clouds vanishing at about 100km and reappearing at 130km above Kerbin and tried fiddling with the scaledFadeStartAltitude and scaledFadeEndAltitude in the configs which seems to have worked. In Blackrack's original Stock Volumetric Clouds configs for Kerbin these values are all set to 100000 and 130000, but your configs have these altitudes higher. I don't know why this would cause an issues, but as these fade in and out altitudes matched the height the clouds faded in and out I tried setting the altitudes for all the layerRaymarchedVolume in the JNSQ Volumetrics configs for Kerbin to scaledFadeStartAltitude = 100000 and scaledFadeEndAltitude = 130000 and the clouds no longer vanish at this altitude. I didn't notice any ill effects from this, so it might be worth looking into.

32 minutes ago, Sinan said:

Hi @rbeap Thanks for all the work on this - looks stunning.

I had the problem you mentioned with clouds vanishing at about 100km and reappearing at 130km above Kerbin and tried fiddling with the scaledFadeStartAltitude and scaledFadeEndAltitude in the configs which seems to have worked. In Blackrack's original Stock Volumetric Clouds configs for Kerbin these values are all set to 100000 and 130000, but your configs have these altitudes higher. I don't know why this would cause an issues, but as these fade in and out altitudes matched the height the clouds faded in and out I tried setting the altitudes for all the layerRaymarchedVolume in the JNSQ Volumetrics configs for Kerbin to scaledFadeStartAltitude = 100000 and scaledFadeEndAltitude = 130000 and the clouds no longer vanish at this altitude. I didn't notice any ill effects from this, so it might be worth looking into.

Thank you!

I changed the scaledFade altitudes since the planets are bigger and I didn't think it'd cause issues. Nice catch! Published an update to fix this. 

On 8/19/2024 at 7:25 AM, overhereLOVINcats said:

not really sure D: but, switching TUFX profiles fixes it weirdly...

Yeah, did some research, it has to do with TUFX HDR, disable it and it'll be fine