[1.12.x] [Planet Pack] Outer Planets Expansion (OPX)

The upcoming updates are probably as follows. Sorry theo, but FinalFrontiers is going to take a while.

OPX-SSM v0.3.0 will come with with new optional atmospheres for Duna, Eve, and Moho. Duna's atmosphere will thin out some more as in stock its ten times thicker than the Martian atmosphere, Eve's atmosphere will thicken a bit and be a lot more spicy in terms of temperature for the challenge, and Moho's atmosphere will now exist as a barely-there thing purely to make your life harder on descent and otherwise be useless.

OPX-NeidonPlus v0.7.0 will come with some pseudobodies and a Nissee revamp, finally allowing it to stand completely on its own with nothing provided by OPM required. Woohoo!

Hey hey, this mod looks realy cool, and I would love to add it into my game, but every time I try to it keeps messing up somehow. At first I had the issue that someone else had earlier in the thread where Kopernicus threw an exception, but same as that person I solved it by manually installing.

Now I seem to be running into a new issue though. Whenever I open my test save, I can't click on most buildings (VAB, SPH, Runway, Launchpad, Tracking station.) Besides that, I can click on most menu buttons, but they have no effect (ex. I can open the menu by pressing escape, but if i click on exit to menu the menu closes and nothing happens.) The same happens if i start a new game.

I'm 98% certain that this mod is causing it, because anytime I remove it everything returns to normal.

I've looked high and low for similar issues, but the few cases I could find were not helpful. Any idea what could be causing this. I have included the log files in case that is helpful. This current build only has OPX inner planets, in hopes of making the log slightly less cluttered.

1 hour ago, MartinFrost said:

Hey hey, this mod looks realy cool, and I would love to add it into my game, but every time I try to it keeps messing up somehow. At first I had the issue that someone else had earlier in the thread where Kopernicus threw an exception, but same as that person I solved it by manually installing.

Now I seem to be running into a new issue though. Whenever I open my test save, I can't click on most buildings (VAB, SPH, Runway, Launchpad, Tracking station.) Besides that, I can click on most menu buttons, but they have no effect (ex. I can open the menu by pressing escape, but if i click on exit to menu the menu closes and nothing happens.) The same happens if i start a new game.

I'm 98% certain that this mod is causing it, because anytime I remove it everything returns to normal.

I've looked high and low for similar issues, but the few cases I could find were not helpful. Any idea what could be causing this. I have included the log files in case that is helpful. This current build only has OPX inner planets, in hopes of making the log slightly less cluttered.

Here's a possible lead.

[LOG 11:48:47.585] [OD] ---> Map OPX-InnerWorlds/Textures/PluginData/Selbig_Height.dds enabling self. Path = OPX-InnerWorlds/Textures/PluginData/Selbig_Height.dds
[EXC 11:48:47.591] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	NiakoKerbalMods.NiakoKopernicus.PQSMod_VertexMitchellNetravaliHeightMap.PrecalculateConstants () (at <8fd19c227b3548b5bbf0ad5ebecd0b4a>:0)

The same NRE, on the same VertexMitchellNetravaliHeightMap.PrecalculateConstants() function, shows up after each time you try to click on a space center building.

One of Selbig's VertexMitchellNetravaliHeightMap nodes references a map that doesn't exist, OPX-InnerWorlds/Textures/PluginData/Loushine_SurfNoise.dds. As a quick patch, try removing that node from your Selbig's cfg file and see if that works.

Edited by arbsoup

2 hours ago, MartinFrost said:

That user seems to be me...

4 hours ago, arbsoup said:

One of Selbig's VertexMitchellNetravaliHeightMap nodes references a map that doesn't exist, OPX-InnerWorlds/Textures/PluginData/Loushine_SurfNoise.dds. As a quick patch, try removing that node from your Selbig's cfg file and see if that works.

Ay, THERE'S the rub. I encountered this problem during testing and didn't even realize. I'll get a hotfix out for that ASAP.

21 minutes ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Ay, THERE'S the rub. I encountered this problem during testing and didn't even realize. I'll get a hotfix out for that ASAP.

Much appriciated, I just managed to hotwire that cfg into working. Would've responded a bit earlier, but my main carreer save corrupted so I had to go and get that fixed first

OPX-InnerWorlds v0.2.0 is out, with a functioning Selbig (with different heightmap deformities to make it actually related to its real world counterpart) and three new objects that were coincidentally finished around the same time we needed the hotfix.

18 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

It's an odd issue. If I run the game with it. Then it won't load to main menu. Once I delete it, it works. The funny thing is that if you add it back it will run normally again. 

1 hour ago, dave1904 said:

The new version from spacedock will not load for me either. 

uuuuugh.

We're working on it and considering just cutting Kortens entirely from the releases until we figure it out. Our best guess is that its some sort of dependency.

EDIT: We solved the problem. The Parallax compatibility KerbalHub made for 45 Kortens accidentally turned itself into a dependency. I fixed that and am uploading it to github and spacedock.

Edited by The Minmus Derp

On my machine it is still not loading with Parallax. I fixed this by replacing the three mentions of

Parallax:NEEDS[Parallax]

with

@Parallax:NEEDS[Parallax]

in Kortens/Anton/Lui.cfg.

I'm ignoring other issues since my setup is quite unique and I have no plans to keep this pack (I'm here for the outer planets ;)) but I am curious since one low-res problem got to me: what does your game look like on the surface of Hafnia?

7 minutes ago, arbsoup said:

On my machine it is still not loading with Parallax. I fixed this by replacing the three mentions of

Parallax:NEEDS[Parallax]

with

@Parallax:NEEDS[Parallax]

in Kortens/Anton/Lui.cfg.

I don't personally play with Parallax, so I missed this. Thanks! Since I'm sick and tired of repeatedly dropping new updates and there's only one download, I'm probably just gonna replace the zip file.

7 minutes ago, arbsoup said:

I'm ignoring other issues since my setup is quite unique and I have no plans to keep this pack (I'm here for the outer planets ;)) but I am curious since one low-res problem got to me: what does your game look like on the surface of Hafnia?

Definitely not low-res. All the surface textures are there and fully resolved. What other issues are you referring to beyond the apparent Hafnia problem?

6 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Definitely not low-res. All the surface textures are there and fully resolved. What other issues are you referring to beyond the apparent Hafnia problem?

- A few other objects were low-res, Hafnia was just the worst by far.

- Kortens and Lui turned bright white on approach (also probably Parallax-related - might be from the different file paths for textures in those files). Anton's fine, I think.

- I had also noticed theogameren's problem with Dres' PQS having a different color than its Scaled version.

Edited by arbsoup

6 minutes ago, arbsoup said:

- A few other objects were low-res, Hafnia was just the worst by far.

Your computer is broken.

9 minutes ago, arbsoup said:

- Kortens and Lui turned bright white on approach (also probably Parallax-related - might be from the different file paths for textures in those files). Anton's fine, I think.

COME ON MAN HOW DO I KEEP MISSING THESE

10 minutes ago, arbsoup said:

- I had also noticed theogameren's problem with Dres' PQS having a different color than its Scaled version.

That does not happen on my install, I'll have to see how to reproduce it. Idk what's going on here.

Welp, this was the most disastrous OPX launch by a long shot.

1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

I don't personally play with Parallax, so I missed this. Thanks! Since I'm sick and tired of repeatedly dropping new updates and there's only one download, I'm probably just gonna replace the zip file.

You should and parallax continued is on another level. I would seriously consider using it because it is the future of KSP. 

24 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

You should and parallax continued is on another level. I would seriously consider using it because it is the future of KSP. 

My computer is too potato for that. When I get around to building a new PC I'll definitely do that.

In other news, both the Dres and Kortens problems have been fixed and I'm replacing the v0.2.2 download because going through five releases before the thing is playable is just stupid. Everyone redownload it!

5 minutes ago, theogameren said:

oh, and to make your day worse, @TheMinmusDerp, kortens has a lack of description

At this point I don't care anymore. It doesn't affect gameplay, so I'll fix it with the next regular update along with new stuff and minor science value tweaks.